Sunday, October 19, 2014

This and that

Just in case y'all are wondering, Jacob's finger is all better, just like it never happened.  I took off the hanging skin once I saw that it was healing underneath and took off the bandaid the next day.  We saw a bit more blood this week with the boys falling and cutting their lips/tongues with their tongues but nothing that required an ER visit.

Gabe was off this week so we got to spend a lot of family time which was great and I'm sad that he has to go back to work tomorrow.  I think the boys wanted to show him how difficult they could be on Monday as they were just in a blah mood all day.  In the afternoon, they were so cranky that we decided to take them for a drive and ended up at the Parc Rotary in Dieppe and we took advantage of the beautiful weather and took some fall pics.  We also found out that Samuel LOVES dogs.  I saw an old student/athlete of mine and she was there with her girlfriend and their puppy and I just had to see how the boys would react to the dog.  They were all curious but Samuel was just ecstatic.  He was so cute and giggly.  He would've loved Roxy :(  

Some of the things that happened this week:

- As Gabe was changing Jacob's diaper, he got a little worried about an abnormality around his testicles... upon further inspection, it turned out to simply be a piece of ground beef... left over from supper.  

- After trying to call the boys' optometrist about 30 times in two weeks and always getting either a constant ringing or an immediate send off to voicemail saying that the voicemail didn't take messages, I got pretty annoyed so Gabe said we'd just drive over to the office and change the appointment right there.  Upon walking in to the office, he thought for sure the phone would be ringing off the hook or that the secretary would be super busy but that was not the case.  She was just sitting there looking bored.  While he was changing our appointment, he noticed that she bumped an incoming call to voicemail which was fine since she was dealing with Gabe.  Later as he told her to wait as sec as he checked something over with me, he pretended to call me but actually called their office and his call went straight to voicemail.  The whole time he was in there, the phone rang once and she bumped it and the other ones she may have gotten would have gone straight to a voicemail that doesn't take messages... so not impressed to say the least especially since now our appointment has to be when I'm back at work and since I have no sick days left, that kind of sucks.  Had she answered when I first tried to call the office, I may have gotten an appointment sooner than the end of February.   

- Last week I brought my in-laws to the library for the babies at the library activity and this week it was Gabe's turn.  While my mother and I were singing the songs with the rest of the moms, I look over and here's my husband whispering the songs in Samuel's ear as though embarrassed to sing with the rest of us.  It's funny because he'll take out his guitar and sing to the boys but when it comes to nursery rhymes, whether it be in front of strangers or just at home, he won't sing them!  I wonder if he'll make character voices when we start reading to the boys.  And no, we don't read to them yet because I can't keep them off the books.  I tried, it's just not working at the moment.  

- On Friday, my aunt Marie and uncle Ron came by to visit.  It was the first time my uncle had met the boys and they had just gotten up from a pretty crappy nap.  I don't know what happened but all of a sudden, Zachary starting breathing really weird, as though he couldn't catch his breath.  Everyone was telling me that he was fine, he was just scared but I knew there was something wrong as he had never done that before.  He kept shaking his head and taking short intakes of breath and it scared the shit out of me.  I took him outside in the rain so he could get some air and I knew it wasn't an obstruction because every once in a while he'd let out a cry so that reassured me.  I really don't know what caused it, but my uncle and aunt seem to think that he just got super scared when they got close to him.  I seriously think it was a mini panic/anxiety attack.  I don't even know if those exist in babies, but my mom said that she remembers me having the same kind of reaction the first time I met Santa Claus at the mall.  Anyways, it wasn't a pleasant moment...

- Saturday, I got to go to a Moms of Multiples getaway.  There were about 15 of us in a cottage and all I did was sit on a couch, eat some snacks, drink some wine and have amazing conversations.  It really helped put my life in perspective hearing everyone's story.  Just when you think your life is overwhelming and you don't know how much more you can handle, you hear another person's story and bam! your life doesn't seem to be as hectic or crazy as it actually it.  It's like I always say when my friends who have one baby feel bad for complaining about stuff to me: everyone is living their own reality and unless you're living it, you have no idea what it's actually like and everyone is entitled to feel like they're struggling whether they have one, two, three or no children!    The company, food and wine were all amazing but the bed sucked ass!  I slept very poorly due to how hard it was!  I should have drank more and maybe passing out would have made me sleep better! Ha!  I'm glad I didn't get drunk and that I went to bed at a reasonable hour (even if I didn't sleep well), I was a functioning human being this morning (the same can't be said for all of us...haha).  It's nice because I thankfully have two amazing friends who are also moms of multiples and we get to have the extra thing in common.  Alicia, who just had her girls about 2 months ago wasn't able to come this year but I had my friend Mel with me and that was great.  It gave us a chance to spend a good amount of quality time together and I think it helped solidify a friendship that was already pretty strong and that makes me happy.  Hopefully Alicia will join us next year (if Gabe allows me to go again! Fingers crossed our children don't turn into devilish spawns and are still manageable). 

So speaking of Gabe, he had the boys for a full 24 hours pretty much all on his own except for last night when he had help from his dad.  I got some texts (mostly because I asked) and some pictures but I have to say he handled things like a pro.  The boys didn't nap amazingly well and they weren't always happy go lucky and they didn't eat as well as he would have liked, but they had fun nonetheless.  He took them to the mall and gave them a snack where they made a huge mess but as a friend said to me, he'll be forgiven as he's a dad alone with his kids and they're triplets on top of it!  People won't judge him, maybe take pity and the little old ladies might even to lend a hand, but most likely no judgement.  He did good, I'm pretty impressed and it makes me feel ok about leaving him alone with them again if I get the chance again (if he lets me haha).  I got home today expecting to see huge smiles on their faces and I got some, but they were tired and hungry ridden smiles.  We fed them and they went straight to bed and slept for 1.5 hours without a peep!  THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!!  Boys night must have gotten wild last night!  

Alright, momma's tired so I'll finish with pics, as always. 

The view from the cottage

Chilling with some of my fellow moms of multiples :)  (My friend Mel is on the right).  I sat on the couch on the right for about 8 hours straight.  I had some of the best conversations I've ever had while sitting there.  Thanks for sharing your stories ladies... xox

The yummy breakfast that was hand delivered to us.  We also had a yummy supper the night before.  




It was pretty awesome


Some people say they still have a hard time knowing who's who so I'll make sure to write who's who in the pictures from now on.  This is Jacob in a laundry basket loving life and dirty clothes apparently.  

Watching Pink and Dallas Green on Ellen. Man they're good singers

Bébés à la bibliothèque (babies at the library) activity.  This is where all the babies get together and lick each other's saliva off all the toys.  Fun times.  The boys actually love this part.  There were two sets of twins there this week. 

Daddy said screw the rain...we're going for a walk!

Gabe sent me this picture this morning with a caption that said: "All patiently waiting for mommy to arrive".  Melted my heart.  I missed them so much!! 

Zachary

Jacob

Samuel

My little monkey wanting to get closer to Mickey Mouse

Jacob with Zachary in the background

Poor little Zachary was still sleeping at the end of the walk so we left him out there alone for a little bit until I noticed all the freaking mosquitos around him.  

Zachary trying to learn to play guitar. 

Look how hard he's concentrating

Jacob noticing I'm taking pics

Now they're all learning

My niece Alexie trying to read a book to Samuel. 

Smooched faced Jacob.  This picture makes me laugh out loud every time I look at it. 

Jacob...again.  There are a lot of pictures of Jacob this week...

Jacob trying hard to travel from one exersaucer to the other. 

He failed.  This is about the point he started crying and Gabe had to go rescue him. 

The boys sharing grapes with Papa as he's trying to deal with stupid Bell Aliant.  



This is the start of our fall pics of the week

They weren't quite sure what to do in here but they seemed to like it. 

How cute would it have been if we had been able to get Jacob to do the same?  No go :(





This is how much Samuel loved this dog.  How cute is he?  I mean Samuel.  The dog is pretty adorable too though! 

This is where Samuel got a little too intense with his dog loving ways.  His kisses and hair pulling got to be a little too much for the poor pup.  


Jacob

Zachary

Samuel having the time of his life with those leaves


Zachary...right before putting that leaf in his mouth

Jacob trying to sit on Zachary's head

Jacob... notice how he lost a shoe?  I can't keep shoes on those kids!! 

Samuel is also one shoed...

Samuel didn't like the laying down in the leaves photo op mom was trying to get

Zachary, being the good kid, had both shoes on.  Good boy! 




Have a good week everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment