Sunday, July 20, 2014

Jacob learns to crawl!

So since Samuel decided that he was going to learn to get on all fours and rock back and forth, Jacob wanted to one up him and decided to learn to crawl... I wasn't in the living room at the time and all I heard was Gabe exclaim: "Good job Jacob!!!" so I come rushing into the living room yelling "What What What?!?" to which he replied: "Jacob just crawled!  He went from the TV to the couch to get his book!".  I watched in tears as my "youngest" was crawling across the floor... they're growing up so quick!  They'll be 8 months tomorrow and I can't believe that in 4 short months, they'll be turning a year old!! I'll have to start thinking of their birthday party soon! Crazy stuff!  Now that he's started, there is no stopping him!  He seems to forget sometimes and pushes himself backwards instead of forwards but then his little legs start going and he figures it out!  Here's a video of him doing this amazing feat (I know it's not amazing and we all did it but it's pretty cool to me mmmm k?).  I have also uploaded it to their YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/tripletadventures) along with a few other videos that are cool to me :)



We decided to go for a drive with the boys to a beach on Saturday and see if we could get Samuel in the water without him crying.  Well I guess we still live in a "Cash Only" world because when we got to l'Aboiteau Beach (where I really wanted to go because they have an amazing boardwalk), we didn't realize until we got to the booth that there was a 7$ entry fee and it was cash only... we didn't have cash so we had to turn around (sad face).  I told Gabe that the next beach over, Sandy Beach, used to be free so we decided to give it a try.  Of course we get there and there's a 5$ cash only entry fee... man oh man, we can't catch a break!  I see an ATM in the booth and ask the lady if we can use that.  She says yes so we go park and get money and finally we can go to a beach.  By this point, our allotted time for a drive was shortening by the minute (duh right?).  As we had first missed the entrance to the beach and had trouble at both beach booths, we were on a tight timeline to come back home for the next feeding.  We therefore didn't have time to put the boys in their swim diapers or their water gear so we decided to just go dip their feet into the surf.  Jacob LOVED it!  He was so excited.  Zachary is such a chill guy that we don't know exactly HOW he felt but he didn't hate it.  Samuel on the other hand is NOT a water guy... once again freaking out the moment his feet hit the water poor little buddy.  One day he'll learn to like it as I can't have a little boy afraid of water!!!  

Jacob loving the water

Chill guy Zach... I think he likes the beach

Get me out get me out!!!!

Two very distinct thoughts... Sam: "Don't let her put me back in there" and Jacob: "How can I get back down there?"


First family beach picture


I got so excited that my pants got wet so I had to take them off

 Gabe and I had a lovely night out on Saturday as our friends Louise and Brian were getting married.  As their reception wasn't until 8, we decided to start our night out a little early and go to supper.  First I had to get shoes, of course, to go with my new dress as my feet went from a size 7.5 to an 8.5 or 9 since my pregnancy so I have no more shoes :(  After I found my shoes, we went to Mooser's Pub for supper as we wanted pub food and remembered being young and foolish and being there all the time for wing nights.  Well, now that we're older and not as foolish and sober, we weren't particularly thrilled with either of our suppers but at least the ice cream dessert we had after made up for it!  It was nice to go out without a worry knowing our boys were well taken care of by my amazing in laws who were nice enough to come handle the supper, the bed time feed, the bed time and stay as long as we wanted to stay out.  Of course, Gabe and I are normally in bed by 9 and asleep by 9:30 so we were exhausted by 10 o'clock.  The drive home was about 30 minutes so we decided to leave around 10:30 after having danced and laughed as much as we could handle. This morning's early wake up was rough so as soon as the boys went down for their first nap, we also went down for a nap.  We can't party like we used to!!   I've been trying to clean up my eating and I finally succeeded last week to pretty much eat clean all week (yeah me!)  When Cheat Day Saturday rolled around and there was a candy/cookie bar at the wedding, I didn't hesitate to dive in... well let me tell you, when you haven't eaten sugar for a week, sugar hits you hard when you have it again.  I felt as sick as if I was hungover!  Goes to show how bad sugar can be for your body huh?  I'm still tired and I'm glad this blog is going to be short and sweet because the bed is calling my name!

Date night selfie

I'm so happy my hair is growing!  I actually really like it this length! 

Opposites much?

The boys at the wedding.  Love these boys!! Last one on the right is single ladies... any takers??
My new dress!  Julien forgot to tell me that my boob flap was showing before taking the picture... oh well!  


Aside from our date night, Jacob crawling, the beach and hanging out with my family on Friday night while Gabe went to a diaper party, the rest of our week was pretty bland (as bland as a week with 8 month old triplets can be!!)

Here are some pics of our week:

Silly Jacob, the book doesn't go on your head!! 

Hi brother!

Oh hi brother! 

Just hanging out with each other fighting over a book none of them can read

Hi MAMA!!! 


NOM NOM NOM
 



Zachary has been giving us the best smiles this week!  



What? What?  What do you want? 

Go away, nothing to see here! 

Let me eat my foot in peace! 

I SAID GO AWAY!!!
(I think my little Zach is going blond!!)

I love Mickey mom!  Where has he been all my life??

Peek-a-boo time with Daddy


More awesome smiles

Sam has been more grumpy this week but he still manages to look friggen adorable in his overall! 

I don't think that's how it works Mamie! 

Physio didn't want Jacob spending too much time in exercausers.... this is ok right?  haha

Cousin Gabrielle reading the boys a bedtime story

While cousin Alexie plays background harmonica music... I don't think Zachary likes it much...

Drinking out of a straw


Jacob would drink a litre if I let him!! 




We took a few walks in the rain this week... boys all covered up :) 

Have a good week friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment