Sunday, November 23, 2014

365 days + over 5000 bottles + Over 7500 diapers = 1 Great year!!!

So to start off the blog I have to say I don't really feel like myself today. It might have something to do with the fact i'm not writing the blog today. My great super wonderful awesomest bestest most cool husband in the world is actually writing this blog since I'm spending the night in the hospital with our Sam. (if I didn't confuse you enough to start off the blog MC isn't writing the blog. I am (me...Gabe....her husband). That being said, going forward, please excuse any spelling mistakes as well as any sentences that may not make any sense since I'm just trying to get this issue off the presses as fast as I can for the masses to read! ha.

So the past couple of days the boys seem to have caught some sort of cold and last night Sam's breathing seemed a little bit labored but not to alarming. Early this morning he woke up very early crying and would not go back to sleep so we took turns rocking him in the living room and it became apparent to the both of us we should take him to the hospital to have him checked out. They decided to admit him and keep him overnight to run some tests and keep an eye on him. He is doing ok but still not 100% so mommy and Sam are having a sleepover tonight at the hospital while I spend the night at home with Zach and Jacob. After spending most of the day at the hospital with MC and Sam I have come to the conclusion it is much harder to have 2 people look after 1 baby in a hospital room vs 1 person looking after 3 babies at home. Tough to keep a 1 year old entertained the whole day in a 10x10 room with limited toys but Sam is getting the care he needs and should be out tomorrow. Couple of pictures of the brave little guy hanging out at the hospital :



(Sam getting  his medication through that little mask and hating every minute of it. Every two hours for about 10 minutes each time)

The boys met with Dr. Canning this week and he was very impressed with their progress. So impressed that he said he didn't need to see them for another 6 months. He said they are all doing very well and following their curve. He also said we no long have to give them the additional vitamins (that could have been required until the age of 24 months old) and he even said they are good an ready to move to the stage 2 car seats. We had planed on making the change over this week end but with the birthday part Saturday and Sam in the hospital today we didn't really have time. 

We also got our basement apartment rented out so we are very happy and relieved. I also wanted to thank all the family and friends who helped us with all the work downstairs. We put in a lot of work over those two weeks and with out all that help we wouldn't have transformed the apartment in such a short time. I have to thank our friend Marie-Christine who was a HUGE part of painting for us. In the span of 3 days she put in over 20 hours of work helping us out and we cannot thank her enough for that. (Merci Beaucoup Marie-Christine!!!) And another BIG thanks to all the friends and family who helped. We cannot thank you enough!

So this week the boys turn 1 and MC went to visit her friend Jill from Jill M Photography  for a photoshoot for the boys 1st birthday and she did and AMAZING job. Thanks Jill for the great photos. 

 (I know i might be a little biased because I'm the father but look at all that cuteness!!!)




So being this was their first birthday we had to have a party. We had interactive musical entertainment for the kids and they loved it as well as a performance from Baby Chippendales? oh, no, that was just my boys in their birthday suits for their cake bash! Here's is a video of the cake bash followed buy some pictures :









I guess this is the part where I finish writing the blog and start posting pictures but before I do that I would like to thank my wife. For writing this blog every week that we all enjoy and to some it may not seem like much but trust me a lot of work goes in to this blog. I also want to thank her for being a GREAT mother to our children. It's a lot of work everyday until 7pm when the boys go to bed and even then it often continues. She runs circles around me in the parenting department and makes it look easy but I know it's not an easy job because it's my part time job on evenings and week ends after I finish my work day. I want to thank her for being the best wife a man could have. I know it sounds cliché and I know that everyone says that they have the best spouse but I truly do. We may have different ways of seeing things but we always come to the same conclusion even if we don't take the same path to get there. It's been a great first raising children and it's been a great first year of marriage and here's to many more!! Love you!

...and now to the pictures!

at the hospital the shortly before the boys were born.

 The onsies that mommy made (that's right she even found time to design and print onesies for our boys
 The boys new pastime is exploring all the nooks and crannies 
 Jacob couldn't find the way back out so he was stuck behind the cub shelf and we rushed....to get the camera to take a picture, then rescue him. ha
 Zachary trying to find a secret door. 
 Turns out it's just a dead end followed by his rear end. 
 Licking cake batter


 Sneak preview of our xmas photo shoot (notice the lack of professional quality. This was not a Jill M Photography shoot. It was a Gabe and MC Photo shoot. 


Jacob practicing getting his flirt on.... Oh...I didn't see you there...silly me, my pajama's came undone. 

 part of the interactive musical entertainment included being drug on blankets and Zachary took it like a champ!!



 Chillin' before the big show!!
 Gettin' some food before the big show.

....and as my wife always says Love Laugh Live! (maybe not in that order?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment