Sunday, April 19, 2015

This is what I know...

This is what I know... I know that one day I will look back on these times and wonder where my babies went and why they don't want to spend time with me anymore.  Sometimes, I urge them to be independent and roll my eyes when they want to jump on my lap for the 100th time that day.  Those are the times I tell myself to stop rolling my eyes and welcome them with a smile for the 100th time and then the 1000th.  Zachary never cuddles unless he's sick or he needs a quick "you're going to be ok" hug.  Samuel loves to hang out on us... until he doesn't and Jacob never stays long either.  I'm pretty sure that in between year 2 and 10, the cuddles will come back with a vengeance and I know I'll love cuddling on the couch with my boys during a Sunday afternoon movie or Saturday morning cartoons, I'm so looking forward to those days.  Although when those days come, that'll mean these days will be over.  These days when the boys are discovering everything.  Their comprehension is growing day by day and watching them finally be able to communicate something to us (with words or signs) or understanding something is a wonderful thing to be a witness to.  I will forget most of the things I live with them everyday so I have to check myself once in a while to remind myself that every day with them is precious.  This hit me hard when my sister announced she had breast cancer.  It made me realize that life is too often taken for granted and they could lose me or I could lose them (God forbid) at any moment.  I lost my father when I was twelve and not a day goes by I don't wish he was here with us, to be able to see what wonderful grand-children he has.  I'm sad every time I think that my boys (and my nieces) won't ever get to know the wonderful, funny, kind hearted man their grandfather was.  Even when they're being little hellions, I try to breathe and not lose my temper (it doesn't always work but I try) because I know all those moments are important.  I know that one day they'll have to look after me, it'll be their turn, and they'll want to roll their eyes when I'm being demanding and they'll try to not lose their temper when I'm being unreasonable but if I get to that point, I'll be glad to know I lived a full life with my boys in my life and even if I exasperate them, I'll know they still love me because I was able to love them fully.  I also know that we're going to live through rough time as everyone has a story so my three boys will have to live theirs but I hope will all my heart that I am there to witness it,  It also won't always be lollipops, rainbows and unicorns, they'll see me angry when I have to give them tough love, they'll see me disappointed when they inevitably do something stupid or against our beliefs (I teach teenage boys... I see stupidity on a daily basis...haha), they'll see me scared when I think I may lose them, they'll see me cry... when I watch a commercial or something... lol... I'm just a crier, so they'll get use to that quickly.  They'll see their dad and I be upset with each other because let's face it, marriage is HARD especially when you're new parents trying to adjust but they'll always know they're loved and that's what I hope they remember.

I also know that in a year's time, we'll look back at this nightmare my sister is living through and go phew! Thank God THAT's over!  For those of you kind enough to wonder, my sister had her first round of chemotherapy this week and thanks be to the drug lords, she's feeling better than we expected her to feel.  Aside from being tired and feeling weak, she's doing really good.  We are all grateful through our grief, knowing that although she was pumped full of poison, the advancement in medicine through research has been able to provide her with top notch drugs to her help fight the fight.  So thank you for your continuous support for her and for the cause.  She was saying that the treatment room was so sad as there were people in there truly battling for their lives.  I hope they have some good drugs too...  One treatment down, three to go!  You got this sis!  I love you sooooooo much...

Here's something else I know, you like the pictures as much as my stories, if not more... so here they are!

My niece Gabrielle getting some black streaks in her hair to honor her mom's hair. 

Same here with my niece Alexie

Here's my contribution.  You can't really see it, bu it's there :) 

The boys were trying to send a good luck message to my sister but they still don't listen when I say "Hold the paper properly in front of you and in the middle please"... urgh! lol

Samuel going right for the hockey stick at daycare... I don't know if we'll be able to keep him away! 



The boys' new kicks!  I love them!! 


Playing on the front deck, breaking in our new shoes! 


"Helping" mom fold laundry

We brought this tunnel out of hiding as they had no clue what to do with it before but they love it now! 


I hope they can't fall through! 

This concerns me a bit... but how cute is he?

BUBBLES!!!


Those chocolate brown eye make me melt... 


Hi Maman, give me the camera please

A little too many bubbles on the head

Watching some Baby Babbles with Papa.  This lasted about 3 minutes... we'll never cuddle down for a movie at THAT rate!

After their buzz cut, we were trying to blow off the hair, Jacob loved the hair dryer


Zachary was touch and go

The "Let's eat Cheerios on the floor" game doesn't work too well when they're wearing running shoes... it turned more into "Let's crunch all the Cheerios with our feet and try to eat the crumbs" game... 


First time eating corn on the cob.  Zachary LOVED it! He devoured the whole thing!

Jacob wasn't a fan

Samuel wanted none of it at the beginning but he quickly got the hang of it
Have a great week y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment