Monday, July 13, 2015

Craptastic week...

It literally was a crappy AND a fantastic week, all rolled into one... I had a great Monday starting with the dentist (always makes you feel fresh!) and getting some work done around the house.  Tuesday was my first day with the kids for the summer but with my family, being as supportive as always, have decided that I wouldn't be alone so they're going to share the load and help me out all summer.  Tuesday my sister and her whole family (mom even came for a bit) came to give me a hand.  We went to the natural park and then the splash park with the boys where they had a ton of fun.  We came home, had lunch and sent the boys to bed.  My sister and I then had a nice 2 hour reading session on my front deck swing.  We spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard playing with the boys.  My in-laws came and took the boys to the mall and I was able to get ready for my Jamberry party that night.  I had a great night hosting my first mother-daughter Jamberry event, I loved giving everyone some pretty nails (and making money for the family was a bonus!).  Driving home, I started feeling crappy.  I was attributing it to the glass of wine I drank as some wine do not agree with me and I had never had that type before.  Well turns out, I just got what Sam had and it did me in... for four days straight.  I am only today (Monday) starting to feel normal again.  I didn't even have any appetite and if you know me, you know that's not normal.  It was a tough few days!

On Thursday morning I still wasn't 100% but we had a physio/ergo appointment with the boys at the hospital so off we went.  They are so impressed with how well they are doing and the physiotherapist even said Zachary has surpassed his brothers in some of the things she's looking for!  I think they're all pretty much at the same spot and Samuel and Jacob were just not in the right mood but still!  Zachary who was always behind, needing foot braces, etc, is finally on par with his bros!  Way to go little man!!  Ergo (which is like occupational therapy) is also quite pleased with their development.  They said to work on doodling with shorter crayons to force the boys into proper manipulation and block stacking which we promptly started when we got home (they're already getting the hang of it...).
We still managed to have a good week with the boys and a great weekend and thought we were done with the sickness... not so... Gabe woke up yesterday morning with a rumbling in the stomach and it was over for him...  He was sick all day yesterday so I went off to Shediac to my mom's alone with the boys to give Gabe some time alone.  He went off to work this morning not feeling 100% but you gotta do what you gotta do!   I wasn't able to write the blog last night as I went to see MAGIC MIKE XXL with my sister and her friends.  What a movie...

Alright, I'll keep it short this week as I have a long day planned, I wasn't able to do anything on my list last week so it'll be go go go this week!  Have a good one y'all!

Pics:

I had the boys to myself for a little while on Thursday afternoon so I set up some craft play.  

Samuel prefered the stickers

Zachary put some stickers but ate most of them and then got upset when I told him not to

Jacob prefered the coloring.  He's good at staying in the lines isn't he??  lol  Notice the shorter crayons?  I'm such a rule follower! 

My little Sam isn't much of a water lover so he stayed on the steps "fishing" while his brothers played.


Getting my feet wet myself

Sharing a popsicle moment with my boys

Hi Sam

He ate that like a pro! 


Jacob wasn't quite sure how to hold it

Their supper setup at my mom's place in Shediac

Jacob loves to push himself from the table with his feet... well this resulted in his falling right back on his head... poor little dude!  He was fine, just startled.

This is as close to the water that Sam got and only for 2 minutes


Sam wasn't feeling to great on Tuesday

Jacob loved everything about it


My crazy beautiful niece Gabrielle


Zachary loved the water but was mostly interested in climbing on the cars

 







It wasn't her day to help but she couldn't help it, she can't stay away... xox


Remember the screen I put on...

thanks boys...

I can't even explain his face...

His boys! 

Have a good week y'all!  Enjoy the beautiful weather we've been getting!!! xox


No comments:

Post a Comment