Monday, May 23, 2016

Two steps forward, three steps back...

A month in to transition and we feel as though we haven't moved an inch... Sure, the biting, pushing and stealing has stopped but that is only due to the fact that we now sit in front of their room for about an hour every night.  Every time we think that we make progress, something throws us back.  Like one night where Zachary decided that it would be fun to yank the baby cam wire tearing out the black out curtain in the process...  Now you would think that it wouldn't be a big deal, just put the curtain back up, plug the cord in and voilĂ ! Nope... not only did he yank the curtain down, he broke the rod AND we thought he had broken the camera.  So here we are, trying to get them back to sleep after all that hooplah and no baby cam for the night... Thankfully they slept through the night after. They mostly sleep through the night now which is great but Jacob's new wake-up time is between 5 and 5:30 which then wakes up Zachary and 15 minutes later, wakes up Sam.  Our night time routine is pretty well established and other than finding a way to separate the boys, I don't think there's much more we can do.  We brush our teeth, we say goodnight, about 100 kisses and hugs and tuck ins, about 50 times putting them back into their beds, about 10 times where we have to calm Jacob down and make up stories and lies about where the people he loves are (as he wants to see them all immediately), about 40 times telling them to be quiet and stop shusshing one another and about a thousand deep breaths trying not to lose our patience... We just keep telling ourselves that this too shall pass and this is just another bump in the parenting road, made just that much more difficult with triplets...  Add on the boys and me being sick and having to take some time off work with Sam as he was sick and then we were both sick... crazy few weeks y'all!

We are still really tired and the house looks like a mess every night and we have ZERO energy.  Once they go to sleep we are so exhausted from dealing with their day to day toddlerhoodness and then bedtime crazyness just drives us overboard.  I'm sitting here writing this looking around my living room knowing that there are a million things to do and about 100 student assessments to write and I just don't have any energy other than moving these fingers over this keyboard and imagining my warm bed with some Fosters on Netflix waiting for me... Although I know that this is a dream and that I will have to get stuff done before tomorrow because if I start the work week with the house a disaster and my work not ready, then my week will just nose dive from then on... So you may be asking yourself why oh why do I ever write this blog if I'm feeling so overwhelmed?!?  Well there are a few reasons... A) I need to write it all down otherwise I'll forget it all and I want the boys to be able to read this when they're older.  B) I feel like this may help other parents who think they're all alone in their overwhelmingness and C) Believe it or not, it's calming for me, this is where I'm in my zone and I can focus on things other than being a wife/mom/teacher/makeup guru ( ;) )...  

Good things about these last two weeks:

  • We got a fence put in!!!! Finally piece of mind when I go out back with the boys alone!
  • We got to spend a good amount of time with my family from PEI/Toronto to celebrate Arthur's Birthday
  • We got to spend the whole day with my mother today for her birthday
  • We got to have a weekend away in Halifax where I got to sleep in until almost 7am!!!
  • I got to celebrate Ainslie's wedding reception and spend time with some old friends
  • We did amazing at the consignment sale and I can't wait to see how much our hard work was worth! 
  • Our big annoying cement block was taken away by our amazing friend Serge so now we can put in the gazebo that was so generously given to us by my friend Shawna.
  • I had a few really good Younique consultation that made me proud to represent such a great makeup line
  • I got to eat some boiled icing cake that I just had to have from the Aulac Big Stop
  • My friend Vanessa found an almost completely gated in park that I was able to go enjoy this morning without Gab, although I'm glad Kelly was there to back me up! 
  • I'm sure there are many other things but I'm just too tired lol... 


So this is where I will leave you for tonight with some pictures, thank you for being there for nearly three years now since I've started this blog...

Until next week my friends... send us some strength and happy babies vibes!

Our new fence!!!! The boys loved Bernie the Fence guy that they even thought he put the newly formed leaves on the trees... 

The boys are LOVING the golf cart that is now at my parent's place in Shediac

They always want to go for drives!
I had such a good post-sale night with these ladies!  Then I enjoyed many hours dancing to Angry Candy with Kelly H!  I hadn't let loose like this in a while! 
Slowly but surely going to turn this trio into a band



Sick little dude... 

About the only thing he ate that day but man did he enjoy it


He pretended it was his for a little while

He may have been feeling better but he was still not 100%.  He's started to be much more demanding lately too... everything is "MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Silly Sam


On our way to Hali

<3 this girl

Our updated room after Gab saw a mouse in our previous room... 




<3 this city, I can't wait to go back and spend more time! 

THE GATED PARK!


They were helping each other go up and down... it was the cutest thing!

Success!









Samuel, Xavier, Maxime, Jacob and Zachary hanging out on the bench at the park

Kelly and her boys!

Having cake for Mamie's birthday


Watching Papi build a shed


Crashing on the couch

Sweet souls...

Wee!!!

Watching the tractor


We had all the family together this weekend so we took a family pic :) 
All the grandkids... Never a dull moment! 




Selfie with Jacob and Papa

Duck face Samuel?
Before... 
After!  We are so happy with this!! 

Jacob shopping with Papa






No comments:

Post a Comment