Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week 20 ~ We bought a van!

So yeah, we bought our first triplet essential... a Dodge Grand Caravan!  It's actually pretty awesome with its Sto N' Go seating and all.  Of course we could have found another vehicle that would fit the three car seats, but if we ever wanted other people in the van with us, we needed something big.  Also, with the stroller we're going to buy being over 4 feet long, we needed something that would fit that as well.  It was a little rough saying goodbye to my Civic as I had been driving it for the last 7 years and it never let me down (except for lately).  I think it somehow knew we were thinking of trading it in. On our way to Halifax after the wedding, the air conditioner went on the fritz and on the way back, the muffler gave out, so instead of doing all the repairs we would have needed, we bit the bullet and bought what would have been our vehicle sooner or later anyway.  It's nice that we did it now since I'm still semi-mobile and I can drive it around and get a feel for it because I wouldn't have wanted my first time to drive it be with my premature babies!
Out with the old, in with the new!! 
This week was rough on my body, I really need to stop being so stubborn and just sit the hell down more often and let people help me.  My mother has been a godsend, coming over to walk Roxy and cleaning my bathroom and etc.  Gabe has been so busy trying to fix walls in our rental apartment that he just doesn't have time to do anything else in the evening.  I went to do my registry with my friend Alicia and thank God for her too because I would have been lost in Toys R' Us without her!  We ended up scanning 101 items and I already had a bunch on there... I had no idea the amount of stuff I would need!!!  There's a Multiples Sale coming at the end of September so I'll go there and try to get the rest of the stuff I didn't put on my registry and some I did and update my registry accordingly after.  I pushed myself a little too hard that registry day though, being the person I normally am, I told myself that since I was already at the mall, I might as well do some other errands.  It was not a good idea.... By the time I got back in the van, I was almost in tears due to my feet and lower back hurting so much.  That night I had a lot of braxton hicks type cramps that freaked me out a bit, but I just think it was my body's way of telling me to slow the f down.  I'm also starting to get a lot more cramps everywhere else in my pelvic area, and my chiro said it's normal.  She told me although she normally only sees this start happening in women who are in their 7+ month of pregnancy, she's not surprised to see it happen to me already since I'm the size of a 7+ month singleton pregnancy woman.  So I've been doing lots more sitting this week, I read three books already, trying to figure out what I'm picking for my book club book for this year.

My friend Neil (registry Alicia's husband) came over and made a work of art of our nursery!


No, it is not a stick-on or a peel, this is all done by hand, amazing right?  And if you can see, he did parent child combinations, so I thought that was adorable!  I think my favourites are the trees and the birds.  It's starting to come together!

"Half-way" there! 20 weeks... although I am more than halfway for this pregnancy! Seeing that most triplet pregnancies last an average of 32 weeks.  I learned this week that for their first year of life, my triplets will have their real age and what you call their corrected age since they will most likely be a lot premature.  I guess this is all due to the developmental stage of their lives and knowing when they're ready to do what, eat solids or whatever.  I'm glad it's only for their 1st year because it would be confusing to always trying to remember their real age and their corrected age! They will only be max a few months behind but in a new born, that can affect many things.  I found a great couple of support groups on Facebook for triplets moms who already have their triplets or who are various stages of their pregnancy.  It's a great feeling knowing I'm not alone going through what I'm going through!

Until next time, check out this week's progress!

20 weeks ~ 51" round

No comments:

Post a Comment