Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 29 ~ Relaxation time

That is pretty much what I did all week... relax... I had one doctor's appointment with my OBGYN where I heard the heartbeats, three quick different heartbeats all around 150 bpm, pretty good indeed, my babies are thriving.  Let's hope it keeps up!  I had a very low key week this week, which was good as I'm starting to be pretty much useless on my feet.  The docs want me to move around when I can to prevent blood clots but when you're carrying these many babies, moving around is a hard task.  I am now at the point where I have to sit down immediately after I shower before I towel off because my lower back hurts too much.  I would need one of those old people shower chairs where I can sit down while I shower! haha... I remember when I was younger, I had a friend whose mother would limit our showering time when we slept over to 3 minutes; she would be pretty proud of me because I don't think I've ever showered as quick as I do now. I also have to sit down to brush my teeth so I now ALWAYS remember to turn the tap off while I brush... so hurray for water preservation!! My belly is getting so big and I don't realize it that I bump it on everything... I swear every door I open hits me right in the belly and it's not pleasant!  You'd think I'd learn, but no.... every time I open a freaken door, bam, right in my belly, poor babies, I'm beating them up already!

I was reading up on these last "11 weeks" of my pregnancy (more like 3 - 6) and they're saying that the babies are supposed to triple in size.... hahaha.... (that was a laughter riddled with tears...).  So they're saying that if I made it to full term, I would have 21 lbs of babies to carry around, can you imagine?!?  I'm having another growth scan on Friday and I'm betting baby B is going to be close to 3 lbs... I figure by the time I have them, they'll have at least doubled in size, so that means about 14 lbs of babies or more (I'm dreading but also hoping for more).  Nevermind banging my belly on doors, I won't FIT in doorways!!!  

Halloween was a good night, I put on my skeleton t-shirt and waited for the 2 kids Gabe said we'd get. We got like 6 in one go and one little boy pointed to my belly and asked me if I had a baby in there.  I said that I had three and his mouth dropped.  Another little boy beside him pointed to my belly and then my boobs and said "are they in there (belly) or in there (boobs)?"  HAHA... I knew my boobs had gotten bigger, but I didn't think they were big enough to have babies in there... cutie pies...  By the time we got through our 10ish kids, I ran out of chocolate bars (I hadn't bought a lot due to the 2 kid prediction my husband had told me about and I also ate some because I didn't think we'd need many), so I ended up having to use some of the candy Gabe had gotten from his work... thanks Lynn!!  At least all the kids got something :).  The best costume we saw was a baby dressed up as a lobster in an actual pot, it was the cutest thing!  I can't wait to dress up my boys next year!!

Last night was the worst night of my pregnancy so far, I must've pulled some muscles or the babies decided to all have growth spurts at the same time as my lower belly hurt so much that I couldn't sleep.  I was scared it might be contractions as my lower back got into the action too but it was false alarms.  The only way I was semi-comfortable was when I was sitting up with my feet on the floor and my belly hanging in between my legs.  Well, I couldn't have slept very well like that now could I? So I laid down and tried to find an "ok" position, it helped that my amazing husband rubbed my back as I breathed through the pain.  I also took a few Tylenol, hoping they'd work.  I got so exhausted at some point that I just fell asleep but being used to switching sides like 10 times a night, my semi-conscious switches woke me up fully in pain every time.   Funny enough, sometime during the night, it got better because when I woke up this morning, the pain had died down almost fully.  I hope it doesn't become a nightly event.  I'm not sure if it's because I did too much yesterday or what... I'm torn between laying low all day and not doing anything and moving every once in a while to avoid blood clots.  I know blood clots are not something I want, so I'll just have to try to find a balance.




So the babies this week are about the size of a butternut squash, are about 15 inches long and should be about 2.5 lbs each. Their skeletons are getting harder and their lungs are in full development stage.  Crucial growing time!





This is my view of my almost constant disproportionate belly, as you can see on the left,
 there's a pretty big bump, I think it's a bum but who knows?  

56" inches round but I don't really know where to measure now...
Doc says I'm about 44 weeks pregnant... haha
I have gained a gross amount of weight too, I'm up to like 70 lbs,
I seriously think about 50 lbs of it is in my butt, thighs and boobs... 

Gabe had his diaper party last night, this is part of what we got, thanks boys!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment