Sunday, May 25, 2014

If it's hot...

...it's probably pee, poop or puke!  That's what Gabe realized this week after he got peed on! haha...  We should have realized that we needed to change Jacob's type of diaper after he peed on the floor of the nursing home but we thought it was just a fluke and it was just due to the way we were holding him.  Well, Jacob had yet another accident and this time it was all over Daddy's leg! haha.  Gabe said that he thought he felt something warm but chalked it up to a fart or something but when he looked down, he noticed that his whole pant leg was wet and so was our child! haha... On top of that, Sam peed on our bed this morning.  Gabe was playing with him and he just saw a fountain splashing his arm and realized it was coming from Sam!  What bad luck my husband had today!!  haha... Can you say unwanted Golden Showers??   We often feel warmth but it's usually spit up or drool but he got a good surprise this time!  We changed both Jacob and Samuel's diaper type to the same one as Zachary's and hope there's no more accidents!  Lucky for me, it only happened to Gabe :)

It was a really cold week so there wasn't much excitement this week.  There was only one day where we were able to take the boys outside.  I found some random hats from the things we were given and outside we went on the front lawn to hang out.  I knew Zachary would love it because if he's fussy in the evenings or anytime in the day really, all we have to do is step outside and he seems to calm down.  It was nice knowing I could just step outside on our front lawn and entertain the boys.  They don't last long in any one place.  They're at the stage where they get very easily bored with an activity and I have to switch them to a new one or else I have a crying fest on my hands!

So the first week without Roxy was bittersweet.  Having her not here made me realize that we made the right decision in giving her away but at the same time, not having her here felt like a part of me was gone.  I felt her everywhere, I heard her every time a car pulled up and missed her so very much at night after the babies went to sleep (that was our snuggle time).  She's living the life where she's at though.  She's got a few new best friends (furry and human) and loving her new life.  I hope I have the heart to see her soon.

So I forgot to mention last week that I got my formula maker!  It's DA BOMB DIGGITY!!!!  I love it!! People's reviews were mixed (many were saying that it clogged up) but I found that as long as I clean it on a regular basis (and by cleaning I mean running a damp cloth where it would clog), I have no issues.  What used to take me 10-15 minutes now takes me 2 minutes WITH a baby in my arms!! How amaze-balls is that?!?  It's made life that much easier.  Trust me, when you have three babies, you want to take every bit of "let's make it easier" minutes you can!!

We went to see our family doctor this week with the boys and she was quite impressed.  The boys are doing really well, they're even falling in the range of the 6 month weight curve!!  Low percentile of course, but they're still on the curve!! Jacob is now 12 lbs (crazy!!  He's quadrupled his birth weight!!), Zachary is 13lbs 9oz and Samuel is my biggest at 14lbs 1oz.  As you can see, Samuel is getting way ahead!  Either that or Zachary is falling behind a little.  It would make sense as he wasn't eating the best until we switched his bottle.  They're still developing at the rate they're expected to, Jacob is rolling all over the place now that he's learned how to roll from back to tummy.  I even found him face down on the hardwood floor the other morning!  I guess it's getting to that time where going to the bathroom while leaving them unattended might not be the best idea anymore!!  Samuel is getting better and better at rolling from tummy to back but Zachary wants nothing to do with rolling any which way.  I think he rolled from tummy to back once.  It may have been an accident...haha...  Oh well, I'm sure I just compare because I have three and it's easy to compare.  They'll all do what they're meant to in due time.  Although I can see Jacob walking before Zachary even cares to crawl...haha.

My little buddies are teething (I think it's teething or else I'm in for a surprise when they actually start!!).  They are still being needy and spending more and more time on Mommy sleeping or in Daddy's arms walking around.  Today was the first time I gave them Tylenol which I really didn't like doing.  Poor Zachary was screeching though and biting down hard on my fingers every time I put one on his gums.  I don't like giving them medication when I don't even know if they actually need it or not.  I'm not one to medicate for no reason (even myself) and so I don't want to start that on the boys.  We are going to try the hazelwood necklaces to see if they help any.  I hope so because if they have to push out 20 of those bad boys by the time they're three, it'll be a long three years!!!

We had our first play date away from home this week with Véronique and baby Sébastien.  Seb is 10 months old and has started walking so he's a far cry from my boys who basically just lay there.  I can imagine it wasn't the best play date he's ever had because he spent most of the time chewing on the boys' sandals! haha...  Oh well, once they're all older, they'll play better I'm sure!

So as I mentioned last week, my step-brother and his girlfriend were expecting their first child and he arrived on Monday!  Arthur is the cutest little buddy!!  Another boy!  It'll be cute to see the four of them run around at family gatherings!

I was able to get out a few times sans baby this week and talk adult talk!  It was great!  I went out Thursday with my group of multiple moms for some appies and drinks at Mexicali Rosa's.  It was great to go out and see other moms who are going through the same kind of things that I am.  I don't get out much anymore so that margarita was great for the soul!!  Of course, all we did WAS talk baby talk but it was still socially enjoyable!  I met great people and it was also nice to meet in person some of the girls who comment on this very blog every week.  (You know who you are ladies and it was really great meeting you and I hope we get to meet again soon!!).  I was also able to get out on Saturday afternoon to my friend Monique's baby shower.  I brought Samuel with me as he's the easiest to feed on the go and I didn't want to leave Gabe alone with the three during feeding time.  I know I do it alone all the time but he's not quite there yet.  It was quite an experience going out with just one baby.  Firstly, I missed the other two as the girls were all raving at Sam's cuteness and I was like "yes but I also have two others who are just as cute!".  Secondly, it was much easier! haha...  I wouldn't trade my situation for anything in the world but it made me envious of how easier travelling with just one baby would be!  Gabe and I had a date night on Saturday night.  The in-laws came to babysit and we went out to eat (using a gift card that was given to us last weekend - Thanks Jojo and Annie!) and then we went to see the movie "Neighbours".  It was the funniest movie I had seen in a long time.  I don't often actually laugh out loud at things, but this movie made me crack up!  You should all go see it :)

Anywho... that's it for now... oh!  I'm starting a YouTube channel for the boys called Tripletville Adventures.  I haven't figured out how to show a link to the actual channel but here's a link to a video we took this week:
http://youtu.be/x5A8sFYYwso.  (EDIT:  I JUST FIGURED IT OUT... my channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/tripletadventures).  This is where we are going to post random videos of the boys.  I'll mention it in the blog on a weekly basis if there are new videos or you can subscribe to my channel.

Weekly Pics:  (First are some I've already posted on Facebook of their 6 month DIY photo shoot)

Someone mentioned he looked like he had a jazz hand (sign of things to come?  He IS pretty dramatic!)

My beautiful Zachary

I tried to get them to stand up to show off their new leg warmers but they always ended up on their knees...


My gorgeous Samuel



My cutie-pie Jacob... of course being silly and trying to eat his "J"

He was the only one I captured half standing! 

He was starting to hate this photo shoot! 


Cute little bums!!! You can tell Jacob's got the strongest neck! 

Jacob's new favorite toy

So I bought them new summer hats thinking they'd fit... I overestimated the size of their heads a little bit I think... I did the same with their new sandals... oh well, they'll grow into them right?!?  At least they have UV protection and they'll be protected!! 
First time hanging out on our front lawn.  




Samuel was not having a good day... He wasn't in the best mood that afternoon...

Yo...Wassup

C'mon!! Could he BE any cuter??

YES HE CAN!!!!



Hanging out with their awesome bibs that their awesome Pépére (seen here) bought for them! 

Look at us in our new PJs!!!  Zachary's really fits his personality! haha... My mister Grumpy! 

They are starting to love their blankies.  Here is Jacob all cuddled up with his! 

Zachary is more interested in chewing his exercauser than playing on it! 

Jacob started face up in the middle of this playmat.  He is now stuck but he doesn't seem to mind.  He hung out like this for a while.  
 

And last but not least... ARTHUR!!!!!!  This is Winston's (my step-dad) first actual grandchild (he considers my boys and my nieces his grandchildren too of course).  

Welcome to the world little man... I can't wait to meet you xox

As always....


1 comment:

  1. Awesome adventures MC....it is so true they grow so fast....sometimes ( in the middle of the night or a cry fest ) it doesn't seem like it but just look at those photos! Damn they are so cute !

    ReplyDelete