Sunday, September 28, 2014

This shook me to the core...

I got the terrifying news this week that a dear friend of mine almost lost her life to a domestic abuse situation.  I won't go into details because the jerk- doesn't deserve a second of my time.  After sending her messages of love and trying to make sense of it in my mind, I was so angry and sadly, I was once again relieved that my children were born of the gender they were.  Even in 2014, this shit still happens, and I know that it also happens to men, I'm not dense, but you and I both know that it mostly happens to women.  Thankfully, she was strong enough to get out of it alive and left the bastard to the cops and she is strong enough to know better than to go back but some aren't so strong... neither mentally nor physically... I also watched the UN speech by Emma Watson about men being advocate for gender equality and I'm still baffled by what women still have to fight for... If you haven't seen it and you have 13 mins and 54 seconds to kill, here it is: Emma Watson's UN speech.  If you know me, you know that I'm a strong independant woman and my boys will learn to advocate for gender equality from a young age and they will know that they don't have to like trucks to be a real man, or be super into sports or hide their emotions.  I certainly won't stop them from liking trucks, sports or any of those "man" things but they'll know that that's not what make them men.  What will make them men will be their kindness, their hearts and the way they treat the women in their lives.  I know what our society views as "men" vs "women" things has a lot to do with nurture vs nature but I also think that some men things are most definitely men things because that's the way men are built but it doesn't mean that we should force things on our men just to make them more manly... make sense?  Anyways... sorry for ranting but this news shook me to the core and I couldn't not talk about it this week...

Zachary, if you're wondering, is not so angry at the world anymore.  He had a really good week with lots of smiles and giggles.  He's getting much better at getting up on things and my mother in law even found him up in his crib so I think he's happier being able to do what his brothers do.  He's still having a hard time getting down once he's up so he gets frustrated about that but it'll come...

Jacob has started to clearly say Maman!  So that's adorable!!  He's also trying to imitate us when we say yay! while clapping our hands to encourage the boys when they do something good.  His version turns out more like AYEEEEE instead of yay! and his hand clapping is more like one clap then his hands stick together and he shakes them up and down.... haha... but he's trying and he's freaking adorable.   He's lucky he's cute because the little buddy spent yet another night in our bed on Wednesday... same story as last time... woke up in a panic, wouldn't settle.  Once he finally fell asleep on me, he'd wake up and scream the moment I tried to put him back to bed so back in our bed he came... I got more sleep this time than last but the little 15lbs sack of bones takes more room than my husband does!  At least I can tell Gabe to get off me... Jacob... not so much!  I put him back in his crib at 5AM so I could grab a few hours of sleep and he cried for a bit but finally settled... man oh man!  I hope this isn't a weekly thing!

Samuel has started soliciting high fives to anyone and everyone he sees.  It's constant too... He'll put his hand up and opened and wait for someone to reciprocate or go touch his hand and he'll put it down for a second but then it's right back up.  I guess it's true when they say that children like to do things over and over!  This week, he even high fived random people of Costco and Walmart.

So I went out to dinner with my mother and sister on Thursday at the new italian restaurant in town, Gusto, it was sooooooooooooooo yummy!!  That meant that yet again, I abandoned my children in the hands of their father and my father in law... poor Gabe can't catch a break!  Jacob has been really difficult to feed, as in he refuses anything that we try to feed him by spoon unless it's yogourt, so he ended up having yogourt for supper.  Of course, when Zachary and Samuel saw that Jacob got dessert for dinner, guess what?  They didn't want their dinner anymore either... After dinner, while he was changing them he discovered that the diaper genie had been put back together wrong so trying to figure that out while you have a half changed squirming baby on a three foot tall changing table is no fun and lastly (this was my fault), our baby bottle maker's water reservoir hadn't be filled so he was only able to make two bottles and one of the boys had to wait for their bottle (they don't like waiting...).  So yeah... this makes mommy not really want to go out anymore... Thankfully, my two events this week are being held here at the house so that's good news!   I'm so excited to see my book club ladies!! It's our first meeting since we stopped for the summer.  Thursday I'm having a NORWEX party so if any of you want anything  let me know (most of you have me on Facebook)., Here's the link for the products: Norwex Catalogues.  Back to my hubby...  I wonder how he'll manage when I leave for an overnight getaway with my moncton multiple mommas in a few weekends?!?  Ah...they're alive, they were fed, they were washed, they were changed and they were loved.  He does ok, just back luck.  He's their dad, it'll be fine... right???  haha...  (anyone want to lend me a nanny cam??)


PICTURE TIME!!!!!!!!

Went to visit Mamie and she was building us this awesome car!  

Honk Honk


Loving the outdoors at Mamie's house


Matante Melanie came to visit!! 

She is also my Norwex lady ;) 


Saying goodbye to the ducky!  The boys are all in the big tub now :) 

Cuddles with Sam and mommy

This is Samuel's new favourite liking spot!  


Mamie getting some abuse from the boys



I don't want to eat

Give me yogourt! 


I'm better now

Our spare room looking good again after the multiple sale!  We did good!  

Still so many things!! Triple everything!!  

What I'd like you to notice here is Papa's complete lack of style... 

I really don't think he knows what goes together... maybe he's colorblind??  Or style blind?? Poor kids...
I guess I'm the one doing all the clothes shopping! 






HIGH FIVE! 

Jacob chillaxin with Mamie


Jasmine entertaining the boys


Playing with their "new to them" house

Knock knock who's there??

HIGH FIVE!!!


The boys working on our porch roof!  Hopefully the leaking will stop! 


Why are you taking my picture so damn early for momma?  Just look at his new pjs!!  

Showing off their new pjs... thanks Mamie! 

There's that Chandler smile again


Matante Cindy visiting

Now Papa's the one in the baby jail

Playing with Mémère... 

...and Pépère :)

As always my friends...



No comments:

Post a Comment