Sunday, December 14, 2014

What a gift!

I can't really top last week's blog as I myself still crack up when I read it... I was going to do another funny one this week but I never got around to asking my friends so maybe I'll do it next week.  We had a week of fun, surprises, visits, and trials and errors...  

Our biggest surprise came on Thursday night when we got an unexpected visitor who brought with her an amazing gift for our boys.  This lady, Louise, is a co-workers of my sister's.  I had met her only once in the past and never again.  She told us she felt like she knew us because she's a weekly reader of the blog and has been since the very beginning.  She's been working on this gift since last January and said she stopped counting after 100 hours of work... Here was her finished products:





This is a close-up of Zachary's sock.  She even took the time to go through my blog and find most of their little friends' names to put on the list!  C'mon!! 

They will have these for their whole lives!!  

Here she is with the boys.  She was so excited to finally meet them.  If only they had a clue what she did for them!  Will they ever truly appreciate it??  I know Gabe and I do... so so so much!! 


Gabe and I got to have a night out on Saturday night for his work's Christmas party.  We always go to The Keg and we look forward to it every time December rolls around.  I wasn't sure I was going to go last year as the boys were just a few weeks old and leaving them in the hospital while I enjoyed myself was still very hard.  I made it through last year with only a few tears.  This year, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I was very comfortable leaving this time around as I knew my babies were well taken care of by my in laws who know the routine to a T since they are over pretty much every night.  I may have had one too many glasses of wine and I may or may not have regretted it in the middle of night judging by the stomach pains I was experiencing but I most likely would do it again haha!  The steak, as always, was out of this world tasty and no one beats their twice baked potatoes.  I know that I'm trying to lose weight and I've been doing pretty good lately but last night was a night I couldn't pass on!  Along with Gabe's new co-worker Justin, his girlfriend and all the "old" crew, we couldn't have asked for a better crew. Such a good time!  (Thanks Lynn and my in-laws for making it happen).  




The L&S Crew and their significant others :) 

I also decided on Saturday that I would try to push the boys to have only one nap... we let them sleep in (which I've never done) until they woke up at 8 (an hour later than I normally wake them up).  We then thought we'd take them to the mall to distract them and keep them awake until lunch time.  Well the poor boys were so tired they almost fell asleep in the wagon.  We got them home, fed them lunch and went straight to bed.  I was hoping they'd sleep for a full three hours but boy was I wrong... they didn't sleep any better than they do when they have a morning nap.  I wanted to switch to one nap because when they go to daycare at the end of January, they'll only have the one nap but they'll also be a little older and might be ready.  I guess I won't be training them for that transition, we'll just go along with it when we get there.  I also wanted them to be on one nap for when we go to Florida in January to have more play time available to us but again, we'll go with the flow and see what happens.  I can't train them for everything if they're not ready right?  So for now they'll keep their two naps (sometimes three) a day and we'll deal with the transition later on.  Live and learn right?  

My awesome friend Mel came over on Tuesday morning and helped me clean out my whole living room that hadn't been even swept since all the work in my bedroom had started.  It was time!  I'm glad she was there because even with the two of us cleaning, I had to leave the boys in their crib for an extra 15-20 minutes while we finished.  Did it ever look good once we were done though!  Thanks Mel!  Of course, I had to be lazy and give them their snack in the living room... the snack, little did I know as it was the first time I tried it, was a very crumbly vanilla bar.  There were cookie crumbles all over our newly washed carpet and floor... oh well, all we could do was laugh it off and clean it again!  I'm so glad our roof got done before we had all this rain!  What a mess we would have had!  Our basement got a little water which is annoying because we have tenants down there but with the help of my amazing uncle, we think we figured out the problem and we should have it all fixed in the Spring.  If it's not something, it's something else am I right?  

Jacob is an official walker!  Take a look at my little guy...  We always said that he was small but determined!

  

Aside from all that excitement, nothing much else happened.  We went to see my family doctor for the boys' one year checkup and Samuel's lungs sounded all clear which made me happy.  They're not gaining weight (they've even lost a bit) but no one seems to be worried as they're moving more and more and they're still growing.  It's time for us to make the switch to the next step in car seats but we're having a rough time finding a third one!  We got an amazing deal at Toys R Us for one of their Black Friday deals and we ordered it straight away.  We waited three weeks and then out of the blue, for no reason given, they cancelled our order.  When I looked at the website, it said that that particular car seat was no longer in stock.  I look again today, it's in stock only 20$ more expensive than what we had originally paid!  They'll be getting a phone call from me tomorrow!  

I've also decided to get into yet another business venture... Avon, Pampered Chef and now... I'll tell you more about it in January but it's sure to make those of you who help me out look cuter!  We don't have a lot of extra money for me to spend on myself so I'm always trying to find ways to make money on the side so that I can feed my shopping addiction a little.  Hopefully this one works out because I can do most of it from the comfort of my own home!  More to come in the new year!

Now for the part that most of you always skip to... pics of the week:

My friend Mel suggested I let the boys play with pudding...

they loved it! 

A lot! 

They were so sticky!! 




Not only is he walking, he's learned to step onto things to get onto other things... namely this toy and the couch and he's quick too the little bugger! 

We also had fun with Jell-O.  Much less messy than pudding but still a good tactile activity for them. 




As I was looking through my stuff to donate, I came across this toy that I never knew we had...

...so I blew up the doughnut and the boys had a real good time for about an hour with it.  

Zachary has started undressing himself during nap times... not long until I find him naked now I guess huh?  

Zachary liked it best of all.

Here's a video of Gabe having fun with them and the doughnut:




Samuel in his snowflake pyjamas

He's discovered he loves tongues this week, he'll give me the tongue so that I'll show him mine and he'll burst out laughing.  So cute!

Can I be squishing his face more?!?



Again with the tongue! 

Have a good week y'all!  





No comments:

Post a Comment