Monday, September 7, 2015

A day late and a dollar short!

Well if I'm to be honest, it's little more than a dollar short... lol.  The good news is that we have found tenants!!!  They have given us a cash deposit to keep the apartment for October so that's good news!  Also with my pay being back to full and not just half as it was all summer, I feel like we're rich!!!  Haha... if only that were the case... We are still paying out of our arses for daycare but it's totally worth it!  I actually can't wait to return to work tomorrow to get a break from my crazy busy babies!!  We haven't stopped all weekend!  Soooooo much fun with the boys but soooooo much work!  The terrible twos are hitting two months early and mamma's not ready!!  We were late at daycare on Tuesday morning as it was the morning from Terrible Two times three HELL!!!  They normally aren't fussy all at the same time but having only one light up pair of sandals will start World War Three in the Arsenault household... 

Before I tell you all about our huge weekend, let me tell you a bit about the week in general... 

Samuel's vocabulary is developing more and more and we're hearing him say stuff without prompt.  He called Gabe Papa Asno (his version of Arsenault) and it was the cutest thing ever.  I'm constantly amazed at the things they remember.  Their language is a mix of French and English vocabulary but they're starting to make themselves understood more and more.  The one thing that makes it hard is that when they cry in their cribs now, they call out our names and that breaks my heart... 

Zachary thinks it's hilarious when Gabe and I kiss...

We had our first tub poop... thanks Zachary... He even said "Oh-oh!" as he was doing it!  Little devil! 

Tuesday the boys were playing on the couch and ran towards one another a full speed and, of course, they fell and Jacob's teeth went right into Zachary's forehead leaving very clear teeth marks.  Zachary's head hurt for quite a while and Jacob's mouth was hurting too... I'm just glad that the teeth didn't stay in the head, I'm sure another trip to the ER for both would have been in the books!

This weekend was crazy!  We never stopped!! Saturday Gabe had to go to the dump so I went for a long walk with the boys.  On the way home I stopped in MacArthur's Nurseries with the boys to look at some work shoes and all the pretty things they always have in there.  We walked out with three pairs of Crocs for the boys... FOR FREE!!!  I was beyond touched and grateful, and totally didn't expect to walk out of there with anything!  We just wanted to see all the pretty things!  GO SHOP AT MacARTHUR'S!!!!  I certainly will buy more from them now! 

When Gabe got home, we went to find a new park in Riverview that I had noticed this week.  The boys had a good time discovering the new area.  We took a few videos you can see here:  Park Video #1Park Video #2,  Park Video #3.

We got home, fed them and played a bit more and then put them to bed thinking they'd have a great nap... But did they? Nope!  One hour in and it was over... I had so many things planned for nap time! We got them up and cuddled and played a bit with them but we soon realized that one hour just wasn't enough because they were crying over everything.  We put them back to bed and let them cry for a bit and they thankfully went down for another 30 minutes.  I had a baby shower that afternoon and I was going to bring just one of the babies and Gabe was going to go meet his parents at the mall with the other two.  As soon as I walk in, I see that all of my paternal aunts had come down for this shower and I knew that I'd get in trouble for just bringing in one of the boys.  I was forced to call Gab to bring Samuel and Jacob back to the hotel, leaving his parents at the mall, without the boys (sorry about that C & C...).  We had a good time at the shower, Gabe came to get us and we went to the mall for a tour to kill some time before supper.  We should have known that the mall was going to be crazy insane on a Saturday afternoon of the long weekend before school starts... We were the mini celebrities of Champlain Place.  I swear we should open a booth and charge people per question, we'd make a killing!  

Sunday was just as crazy if not more!  We got up and played for a bit and went to do our groceries.  We came home, made a quick drop off to put the fridge stuff away and we went to my aunt's house to see my grandmother who had come down from Campbellton for the baby shower.  We spent about an hour there, came home to feed and put the boys to bed hoping they'd have a better nap than the day before... NOPE... 45 minds later, Zachary started losing his mind.  Saturday Samuel was the instigator and yesterday it was Zachary.  I went to get Zachary because he sounded very distressed and of course, the other lost their minds.  Since Gabe had gone out to run errands, I was alone so I had to leave the other two so I could soothe Zachary.  I cuddled him and sang a few songs and went to put him back down.  He cuddled right up to his dodo but his brothers were not happy campers.  I knew that 45 minutes of napping was going to do nobody any good so I let them cry again.  It took a little while longer for Jacob to fall back asleep but I could hear in his whining that he was a tired little boy so I left him there (call me no heart if you want but this is what works for us so no judgement please).  They thankfully went down for another hour.  That was good news for me because I had a lot of cooking to do.  Gabe finally got his new SFL Menu and there were many recipes to make.  I didn't have time to make any but I was able to prep a lot of veggies.  After the boys woke up (in a super happy mood), we went to Shediac and went straight to the pool and then went to play at my mom's trailer.  By the time we got home, it was diaper change, PJs on and straight to bed!   They had such a long day that we didn't even hear their normal bedtime chatter.  I made some protein balls, had a glass of wine and I was spent! 

Today we went to their normal park and they loved it, as always.  They played so great and had a GREAT two hour long nap today!  I was very grateful because today was my cooking day!  I made yummy Almond-Berry-Chocolate chip muffins, Sweet & Spicy Chicken Chili, Pasta Salad, Homemade Italian Dressing, Homemade Caesar salad dressing and Chicken Stir-fry.  It was a busy day!!  The boys had a great day and only had minimal breakdowns so it was great ending to a long rough weekend.  

Amongst the craziness and the tantrums, there is so much laughter... Today I was giving the boys their snack (honey on crackers) and Jacob was already liking his lips as I was giving the crackers to Zachary.  He completely missed me giving him some for some reason and was staring at me while I was giving Samuel his crackers.  He kept looking at me and his brothers' crackers and licking his lips, it was hilarious.  Gabe and I were laughing so hard that we couldn't bring ourselves to tell him to look down at his tray.  When we finally did, he was pretty excited lol.  Through it all, we love our boys so much and we wouldn't trade our lives with anyone else's! 

Here are some pics... there are very few because we were too busy to take them lol! 

My new AWESOME classroom!  This is my 8th year teaching and it's the first time I teach with WINDOWS in my classroom, this makes me beyond happy!!  This was the bare bones look, I've added some MCness to it :) 

I went to my cousin's girlfriend's baby shower and I wanted to make her something special but since I don't know the sex of the baby yet, I went with both and I'll make her a better one once the baby gets here. 

I'm not a lover of crocs but my boys sure can rock them!  Can you believe we were given them for FREE??? 

Yes, they are the REAL DEAL!!! The boys LOVE them and they are making our lives much easier so THANK YOU to our secret Santa! 

My crazy aunts in the pool... I had such a great night with them... they truly warm my heart as I know a piece of my dad resides in each of them and they love me with the fierceness that he did...

The only one of my aunts that was missing was my aunt Julie and so this floating turtle was dubbed Julie for her

My awesome 84 year old grandmother who stayed up until midnight "partying" with her daughters.  I may be 35 years old, but when your grandmother is sitting beside you and starts rubbing your hair, you lay your head down on her knees and you let her... Je t'aime ma belle mémère... <3

Rock on with no pants on! 


Samuel did not want to give up the hose... he still looks awesome with his hat on backwards


Looking like he's about to start a fight

Gabe and I were so busy this weekend that this is how we felt every night and as I'm writing this my eyes are growing heavy...

Toodles y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment