Sunday, August 30, 2015

Last week bliss...


This was my last week before my return to work and with me being me, I set off to do 30 hours of work for an old boss... I know I should have used my last week of vacation to do all the things I didn't do on my long summer list but I decided to do a little bit of paid work instead... since we still haven't rented the apartment, we need a little more money so I thought I'd help out and chip in since it was work I had already done and it wasn't too difficult.  So because of this, nothing too exciting happened in the week... lol.  I can tell you that I stared at my summer list for way too long before putting a sad face on it and throwing it out knowing I had only accomplished like 20% of what was on it!   I can say though that it wasn't totally due to my laziness but mostly due to our lack of disposable income.  The painting and wallpapering I planned on doing will have to wait until we can rent the apartment and be able to breathe again a little.  We thought we had it rented and then it fell through, yet again... Keep your fingers crossed that it happens soon!

This weekend Gabe and I had a lot of things we wanted to accomplish before we had to get back into the routine of my going back to work.  He wanted to organise his shed and backyard and I wanted to cook and bake so that we didn't have to worry too much about food.  We officially signed up for Simply For Life (well Gabe did and I tagged along) and we are still waiting for our menu but I borrowed from my brother in law's menus and we're ready for the week.  In order for us to be able to truly do stuff, we had to become childrenless for the day... I suggested dispersing the kids to our family.  They all agreed and were actually pretty excited.  So today Zachary went with my mother and step-dad, Samuel went with my sister and her family and Jacob went with my in-laws.  I asked for photo updates from my family so that I could reassure myself that they were ok and having fun.  My sister and my mom have been on task and sending me good updates... Sadly, my in-laws aren't technologically advanced enough yet to be able to keep me updated with Jacob so I've lived all day not knowing what's happening with him.  It was so cute/sad this morning.  My mother was the first one to arrive to take away one of the boys and Jacob lost his mind when they left with Zachary.  He kept pointing at the door, crying his eyes out and saying Ya-EE!!! (His version of Zachary).  That's when I started having second thoughts about separating them.  I started having anxiety and I think the other two boys were feeling it because they cuddled up to me which they don't often do anymore.  I know it needed to happen and I know it's good for them to spend some time apart but it doesn't mean it was easy on me!  I'm excited to see their reaction when they all come together again.  I will pause here and write more later and then I'll be able to update you all on the Arsenault Triplet reunion!

Later...

Well that was a let down... nobody was excited about anything... except for me!  Lol!  It only took about 5 minutes after the reunion for them to be fighting over a toy again... lol... Oh well!  One day they'll be excited to see each other right?   They all had a really good time.  Samuel got to jump in a trampoline, get a shopping cart all to himself, took a ride on a four wheeler, explore my sister's camper AND had KD for lunch lucky little guy!  Can you tell I haven't had a cheat meal in FOUR WEEKS!?!  Zachary went to the park, went shopping, and played around outside at my mother's camper.  Jacob went for a walk in the trail by my in-law's place where he got to walk and run around which they don't get to do when they're with us because we'd lose track of them pretty quickly!  He also went shopping and came back with pretty awesome hats for him and his brothers.  He had McD's for supper AND a SUNDAE!!!  haha... yeah, I'm hungry... it's ok, my hubby's gone to get me food.  Oh! and they all slept over TWO HOURS!! My sister had to wake up Samuel after 2.5 hours because they had other stuff planned lol... Little buggers don't do that for me here!  I guess them having their own space helps.

Well I still have stuff to do before I go back to work TOMORROW!!!!  The summer went by in a blink... I'm having mixed emotions about the return to work but it'll be good to see everyone again.  This year will be especially exciting because all the gang will be together again.  Two of my besties were on maternity leave so we were missing a few faces but we'll all be together again tomorrow!  The boss might have to separate us all... lol... You know who are the worst at meetings?  TEACHERS!!! We just don't shut up!!! Lol...

Have a good end of summer week friends and wish me luck!!

My Friday afternoon clothes organisation

The boys were getting ready to go for their adventure today



Oh yeah!  Here's something I did this week... Got my hair did! 
Two of my accomplished tasks for today... I made: protein balls, muffins, oriental chicken fried rice, spaghetti and meatballs. 

A lot of hard work went into this shed clean up! 

Sam enjoying the trampoline with Gabrielle

A cart all to myself Maman!!! 

Four wheelin'!!

Taking a walk with Alexie

I have no idea what's happening with Zachary's eyes here but he seems happy! 

Just getting up from his long nap

The week was full as my weeks are going to start being more and more so the picture taking took a dive... well at least you all had a short read!

Have a good one!  And as always...

No comments:

Post a Comment