Sunday, June 12, 2016

Flu week Full week!

Man! What a week this was!  The boys all caught a bug from daycare one at a time so it made for quite the long week.  On Tuesday night when we got home from daycare, all seemed fine until Jacob quite suddenly seemed to go downhill.  He snuggled up to Pépére outside where they normally all play without stopping until we force them inside the house.  He didn't move an inch, just stayed snuggled up for about 30 minutes.  When we brought them in, I wanted to try to give him some supper but he would have none of it.  I took him in my arms and he snuggled right up and we rocked for about an hour where he passed right out for about 20 minutes.  I knew right then and there that he was coming down with something because Jacob is the last to go down.  We got them all down to sleep within about 30 minutes that night.  Then Zachary woke up at about 10:30, soaked from sweat.  I changed his PJs and soothed him back to sleep after giving him some medecine.  He woke up again screaming at 12:30 complaining of a headache and we couldn't calm him down.  We brought him to the living room to try and change the scenery but there was nothing to be done.  He started dry heaving he was crying so much poor little dude.  We were finally able to calm him down.  We then put him back down and he seemed ok to sleep.  Jacob then woke up at 2AM.  I must have been some tired because I didn't even hear him.  Gab got up and gave him some medecine.  When he proceeded to gasp for air, Gabe got worried but then he threw up in the toilet and all seemed fine.  He came to "sleep" the rest of the night with us.  I was so confused when Gab showed up with Jacob... I was like, why are you bringing him here?? What's going on??  I don't mind when the boys sleep with us but sleeping is a loose term because none of us ever get much sleep!  It was a long Wednesday at work!  Jacob seemed fine in the morning so we sent him to daycare with Sam but kept Zachary home.  Pépére came to spend the morning with him and I came home in the afternoon to take over.  Zachary stayed home again on Thursday because I didn't think he was up to going anywhere.  Later in the morning, daycare called to say Samuel had fallen asleep in the corner and should probably be picked up.  Poor little dude!  My mother went to pick him up and brought him to her house to spend the day.  He ate some bread and molasses for lunch, had a nice nap and came home a happy boy.  They all went to daycare on Friday and all stayed there all day!

Gab went to Montreal with his buddy Serge on Friday morning leaving me to be a single mom for two full days!  So what did I do?  I raced to my mother's place!  Gab left early on Friday morning so I did the morning getting ready and daycare drop off solo.  It's not too bad now that they listen... well mostly listen unless they don't and run away from me.  Zachary always run to one end of the daycare and the other two run to the other end where the Boys and Girls Club is and where very hard pool balls seem perfectly fine for 2.5 year olds to play with...  Once I gathered them all in one area and forced them into their daycare room, it went alright... except for the clinging for life on my legs!  This happens every morning though so it was nothing new.  For the most part, Zachary seems happy enough with a hug and a kiss and then bye bye and Jacob only requires a little bit more care before he realizes he can go climb the big chair and jump off of it.  Samuel on the other hand... that little dude is so clingy in the morning that one of the daycare workers has to physically peel him away from me.  You'd think this would change after a year and half at the daycare but nope... I have to say, I love his love though!

After work (which was my LAST teaching day!!!! woop woop!!!), I scooped them up from daycare and straight to Shediac and my mother we went.  It was awesome because I showed up to my whole family, let my children free, cracked a beer and loved life!  I'm so lucky and thankful to have my family in my life!  Wherever they are is where I feel the most relaxed and safe.  Even when I'm home, I'm always ON so I can't ever truly relax.  Even at this moment when I know my children are sleeping safe in their beds, I know that if something were to happen at this moment as I sit alone in my living room writing these words to you that I would be the one to take responsibility for the fate of my children.  There would be no one else here to help me make decisions... I mean, when Gab is here it's a little different as we can both be clueless together so that lightens the load a little lol.  One day I hope that my children feel as safe and comfortable around me as I do my mother because then I'll know I did my job because what's more important than love and security with family?

I had such a good time with my boys and the rest of my family. We spent the night in Shediac on Friday night and spent Saturday there as well.  My nieces Gabrielle and Alexie were also there with us as my sister had a Soul Sister run thing in Halifax and my brother in law had a baseball tournament.  The girls played with the boys so well it gave me and my mom a little break to chat and just be.  All in all, it was a great day.  This morning I got to see my Kellys and their gorgeous boys as we gathered at the Ho residence.  The boys played so well!  Aside from the pushing and slapping and bead necklace swinging in Sam's face, it was a great play date!  We were able to sit for about 5 minutes, drink our coffee and chat!  It's getting to the point where the boys are actually starting to recognize one another and get excited about being around each other.  It'll be fun to watch them grow up hopefully as friends for life!

Here are some pics:

Last weekend, Moncton remembered its fallen officers... This is an amazing photograph... 

My sick little dude on Tuesday night

Sick little dude #2 on Thursday

Yummy molasses!

Feeling better maman!

The boys LOVE their backpacks


Alexie

Zachary looking like a singer-songwriter

Chandler

Part of Gab's AirBNB that he and Serge stayed in in Montreal

They had to leave by 11 the next morning because there was a dance class... lol

Oh Zachary... that's Maman's yummy Shock Top

Cutie pies with their hands in their pocket


Waiting for Alexie and Gabrielle to give them their snack!


Alexie and Jacob selfie

Roasting marshmallows at 10AM  


They weren't quite sure


Gab's Montreal adventures



Sam and mommy selfie to send to Papa



Bye bye friends!

Have a good one y'all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment