Sunday, August 7, 2016

What a wonderful week!

You know how sometimes you wonder what your life would be like if you had never had kids, how much free time you would now have to accomplish all the things you wish you could accomplish now that you just can't seem to find the time?  Do you ever look at your life and wonder what the hell you did with all your kid free free time??  I never wish to never have had the boys, that's not it at all, I just wonder sometimes when I'm at the end of my rope what my life would be like now had they never been born.  I have to tell you that this week made me realize that my life would be empty.  Completely and utterly empty.  Those little boys who drive me insane on a daily basis are also the same ones who made this "staycation" week one to remember.  This also tells me that there are so many more adventures for us on the horizon and if I base our future vacations on the one we just had, I know they will be great!  Of course the boys weren't angels the whole time and there were many time outs and frustrating toddler moments but for the most part there was joy, laughter and memories being made.  We started our week with a morning trip to our favorite park and ran into a friend who invited us over in the afternoon where the boys played in a bouncy castle and threw rocks in their river.  They had a great time!  Then came Butterfly World which I really thought was going to be a waste of money (although we only ended up paying 11$ thanks to Lynn for her Johnny Coupon and our children still getting in for free).  I really thought that we'd go in there, look at the butterflies for 10 minutes max and then leave.  I got in there and BAM  - Bouncy Castles, water play feature, little cars, big ass blocks... it was awesome!  The boys loved the butterflies for exactly 10 minutes and then had a wonderful time with all the rest!  The next day we hit up Fundy Park.  The drive was long but my mother came along and helped keep the boys entertained.  We got there and did a great little hike with many many stairs.  Surprisingly enough the boys walked the whole time even up and down all those stairs and were hardly ever in our arms!  They were so excited for all of it!  Then we found this great little park where they played really well for over an hour.  Our adventure continued the next day with a visit to the museum.  Yet again, I was like "What is there at a MUSEUM for toddlers?"  Well let me tell you... they have this really great exhibit downstairs for the kids to play.  I was really surprised at all the fun stuff they could do! On Friday I had a play date with Kelly P, her boys and a new friend with her twins and older daughter and we headed to my mother's place in Shediac for an overnight visit.  Bedtime there was fun...  Gab and I spent the night in a tent on an air mattress which was ok.  Not like the camping I used to do but I'm sure my body couldn't hack the sleeping on the ground anymore (I was never a fan of it anyways...).  There was a band playing and as most of you know, my husband is a musician.  As I was trying to fall asleep through the noise, he'd pipe up and say something like "Oh, they missed a note there!", "Oh, I LOVE that song!", and "Oh, looks like they're starting that one over!" and I'm like " I DON'T CARE!" lol!   Saturday morning we stayed in Shediac for a bit and packed up.  The boys were so sleepy that they almost all passed out on the way home so we decided to put them right to bed.  This means they went down at 11 and were up at 12:30... It's ok though, we watched some shows in bed and went to spend the afternoon at one of Gab's friends house where the boys had a great time in their pool even when Gab missed their under water dunks a few times! lol.  He WAS the only adult in the pool with 5 toddlers so we gotta cut him so slack... so what if he only noticed the second time Zachary went under....   Maybe that's why Zach threw up this morning, he still had water in his tummy from the pool!! Today we were woken up by our early riser Jacob and then Zachary who was complaining of tummy pain.  They came to bed with us to watch some YouTube while we tried to be a lazy a little longer.  It was went I went to the washroom that I hear Gab scream "I need you!".  Poor little Zachary has thrown up water like substances everywhere in our bed... womp womp...  Zachary and I cuddle in the living room for a little while and then he tells me he's hungry so I go make him a super small bowl of cereal which he promptly throws up everywhere.  So off to the shower we go with my poor little dude.  After that though and some more cuddles, he seemed fine.  Asked for a toast, then some peanut butter and kept it down.  He asked for a second one, which he scarfed down and kept down.  That was it, that's all it was for the rest of the day.  He ate normally and played and was a little less happy than normal but not another vomit.  Phew!

That was pretty much our week!  I'll leave you with pictures so you have a better idea on how our week went!  Brace yourselves... this is quite a picture dump!!!!

Throwing rocks down by Véro and Mitch's river

My little naked rock stars in training

So much fun OUTSIDE of Butterfly World too!

Papillon!!!







Fundy Park here we go!  It took us a while to find Dickson Falls but we got there!







BEST PICTURE OF LIFE!






Gab's going in!






Our plan was to have them all sleep on the way home.  Sam was out in 5 minutes (he's always been a great car sleeper) and the other two hardly slept at all...
Museum Time!








They called him Pépére... LOL


They wanted to talk on all the phones!



St-Hubert for lunch! Play room time!


Play date time!


The snacks brought all the boys to the yard!



Playing with Snap Chat!

Packing for one night away with the boys is quite an adventure in itself!


Working with their tools to help Mamie and Pappy


Our humble abode for Saturday night

Post nap hang out


Loving this pool!







They had an absolute blast!

Let me say that I will be happy to have some actual time off tomorrow but that's all I would need and then I'd be ready to do it all over again!  I'm certainly going to miss those boys when they go to daycare!!!! My plan is to have some quality one on one time with each of the boys in the coming weeks so that should be fun!!!  Singleton parenting here we go!!

Have a good week y'all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment