Sunday, July 31, 2016

I'm a bad mom...

Yep, I'll admit it, I'm a bad mom...

My kids don't have fruit for breakfast every day unless it's in the Nutrigrain bar I gave them because I was too busy doing my makeup to make them a fully nutritious meal.  I'm not sure my kids even really had breakfast this morning because they fully rejected my home made waffles I made them and then basically gave up on breakfast.

For supper, they had nacho chips, cake and sugary fruity juice.  Not because there wasn't plenty of wonderful sandwich choices and yummy watermelon.  Nope, because they were eating something, I was happy and that's that.  I did convince them to have SOME watermelon after a while which they LOVED but no go on the sandwiches.

My kids watched a lot of TV today.  They watched a lot of TV yesterday too and probably will again tomorrow.

I haven't had hummus in my house since the boys were 8 months old.

I yell, daily.

I haven't cleaned my toilet yet this week.

I have two loads of clean laundry on my bed that I shuffle from one end to the next whenever I want to go to bed.

I don't make my or their beds... like ever.  Maybe... maybe once a week.

I was too lazy to go get groceries this morning so my kids will have the Honey Nut Cheerios once again, yes the sugary kind and not the Healthy-O's their nurse recommended.

My kids speak French, English and Chiac.  Yep, we are Moncton-ising their language already.  We are most definitely messing them up for their future careers.  Zachary said his first fully chiac sentence this week: "Samuel! Je ne peux pas reacher!" while he was trying to reach something on Gab's rental van.

I have an online business that requires me to be on my phone.  A lot.  Even my husband judges me for that one and I admit that I am on it a little more than I should.  I'm trying really hard at trying to grow this business and yes, it requires me to be on my phone a lot more than I should.  That is the ONE thing I know I need to change.  Online office hours is what I need!

I know I'm going to love every moment of my week off with my boys but I can't wait to have a full day to myself to do nothing but watch OITNB or read an entire book all alone on my sun chair.  Thank you daycare!

I could go on but then I might get some calls from CPS because there HAS to be some perfect moms out there who still judge.

I have to say that I know I've been judged and I'll admit that I judge others on a daily basis.  I shouldn't but I do... yet another bad mom moment.  I really do think it's just human nature to judge and I know very few people who don't actively do it so shut your mouth and stop judging me lol!

People often ask me how I do it, how I can manage to have a career, do Younique, and raise three toddlers... it's simple, I don't have a pristine house.  It's quite often in shambles.

For the most part, my kids eat a well rounded breakfast, don't worry.  They love their Spinach Blueberry Banana Smoothies, they love their Banana Oat Pancakes, they love their Yogourt, Strawberry Granola Delight, it's just that sometimes, I say F it, I don't have time or I don't want to make an effort so here's a Nutrigrain.

There are so many times when we as moms just think we are screwing our kids up but let me tell you, we are doing the best we f-ing know how.  My kids are loved beyond words, they have a roof over their heads, they get to sleep in a bed every night knowing they are safe, not even knowing what being unsafe feels like, they have food in their tiny tummies (even if most of it is carbs and sugar tonight) and they get to play in a house that is lived in.  I know that when they grow up, they won't remember if I made their beds or not or if I gave them fruit every morning.  They'll remember me laughing my head off as I watch them jump on the couch and being silly.  They'll remember jumping all over me and Gab as we tickle the crap out of them.  They'll remember the stories we read them and the cuddles we gave them WHILE watching TV.

What brought all this on?  Well my book club girls and I went to see Bad Moms on Friday and man was it ever good!  I laughed and cried and laughed and cried some more.  It just made us all realize that even the most "perfect" mom has got some shit of her own to deal with and there is absolutely NO ONE that is perfect.  We all have our "I've just screwed up my kid for life" moments.  I'll tell you this right now, if you're one of my mom friends, you're doing amazing, you're doing the best you know how and your children are loved.  I know because I see you looking at them.  I know because the love you have for your children comes out of your eyes even when you're telling me a story about how annoying they are.  Love is all there is when it comes to our children.  Love, structure, and knowing you're their safe place... keep it up my friends, we are all in this together!

Now who else has confessions to make so I truly don't feel alone in this??? lol

Here are some pics to look at while you think...

Oh, but a video first!  Here's Zachary's first solo swim:

https://youtu.be/8qTm8T9ub1o



Zachary reading a book in the chair he insisted he sit alone in at the doctor's office

Now waiting for xrays... 

We still don't know the results! 

My students waiting for their test... it's easier to count those WITHOUT cell phones! lol

My amazing students... I sure will miss them!

My wonderful summertime colleagues!

Jacob loves sitting with me while I get ready :) 

We had such a good time at our cottage getaway!

This was my alone time while Gab drove the boys back home... so peaceful! 

Fun washer toss!


Finished off the night with some fireworks!

Fire time!


Gab doing his thing!




Sam was wearing Kelly's daughter's hat!

Fun times at the Ho twins birthday!

Sam didn't want to take a picture with me... womp womp!

Have a good week y'all!!





No comments:

Post a Comment