Sunday, July 10, 2016

Back to my roots...

After a very short vacation, I went back to work this week.  It was really great to get a brand new set of kids in front of me; especially kids who actually want to learn!  Most of my students actually chose to be there and WANT to learn French!  How cool is that?  The last time I taught French to a bunch of 15 year olds I mostly got "But why do we need to learn French?" and "I'm never going to work for the government and I plan on living in an English only community for the rest of my life so this French stuff is stupid and useless".  This week when I asked for participation, they participated and when I asked them if they wanted to play a game, I got ZERO eye rolls!! WHAT??  This makes me realize how much I love being a teacher, I just hate the babysitting aspect that comes along with it!  I had a really good week, laughed many times with my students and my colleagues are really stellar gals!  So all in all, so far no regrets at all about giving up a whole month of vacation!

It's been a pretty uneventful week as far as my children go but what a weekend we had!  My LeBlanc family has been holding this huge family reunion for years now and I have never been able to make it to one yet and I've been SO looking forward to going!  So we packed up the kids and apparently enough stuff to survive an apocalypse and set off to Campbellton.  We tried to plan it so that the boys would nap on the drive but of course, anytime you plan anything, you should know that it'll just go to shit if you have toddlers.  The boys fell asleep thirty minutes in and slept for only an hour at maximum and then didn't sleep again for the whole ride there.  Oh well... Thankfully we had my mom with us on the ride up and she was a great babysitter!  Thanks MOM!! Although the boys weren't really all that bad.  They needed snacks and laughter and did amazing.  We were, of course, the hit of the party when we got there and the boys ran straight for the little toy jeeps that were all over the yard.  It was amazing to see so many people I love but never get to see all in one place.  It was the same people I saw a few weekends ago PLUS so many more!  There was play, booze, amazing conversation, games for kids, food and amazing music (mostly lead by my amazing musician of a husband that I hardly ever get to hear play anymore!).  The boys had so much fun!  They only went to bed at 11!!!!!!!!  WHAT?? I know right?? We thought they'd fall asleep on us but no luck, there was too much excitement!  So we let them take it all in, up to the fireworks (which Zachary only liked once he was in the safety of the van but was completely in awe once he felt safe).  Jacob missed it all though because minutes before they were set to go off, he pulled his hood completely over his face and snuggled into my sister and went right to sleep.  As for Samuel, he hated the noise but loved all the lights.  So with this late bedtime (which went quick due to their super crazy tired little bodies, you'd think they'd sleep in a bit right?  NOPE!  Sleeping in is no longer a thing for my boys.  They were up at 5:45 and ready to party again!  So we chilled at my aunt's house for a bit and then went back to the party for some amazing breakfast and left at about 11:30am.  The boys were OUT within minutes and slept for 1.5 hours solid.  I joined them in their slumber.  I can't help it, we could be driving to Shediac and I'd still want to fall asleep in the car.  I think it's because I can't read in cars because it makes me super sick so I found something else to do.   Sleep makes all long trips shorter and since I'm not the hugest fan of traveling, it's win win!  The boys were great until they started getting sick and tired of the travelling.  We had to pull over 3 times to solve problem after problem that my mom took care of on the drive there until we finally gave in to Jacob's crazy antics.  We had to put Samuel in the back with Zachary, bring Jacob to the middle row and have Gab sit beside him while I take over the driving.  It took a lot of cajoling and phone playing to get Jacob to calm down and many jokes with the two clowns in the back to get us home sane.  We were home for just a bit when our saviors (my in laws) showed up with supper!  Bedtime was just as crappy as normal but they are sleeping and that's what's important!

And now it's time for me to complete the many other things I need to do before I can go to bed!  Have a great week y'all!

Got my ass to the gym four times this week! GO ME!

Here we go!!


Picking some wild strawberries during our picnic pit stop!

Samuel participating in an awesome game my cousins put together for the kids.




Pig Roast!


The theme of the weekend for Easter so the boys had an Easter Egg Hunt!

The boys are starting to entertain!

My amazing family!

This woman who gave birth to 12 kids made all of this possible.  She is amazing!

My BIL Eric pushing around the boys in the battery less jeeps!

Gabe found some comrades in my musician cousins 

My niece Alexie was loving it all! 



An amazing picture daycare took this week.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Have a good week y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment