Sunday, September 11, 2016

That time I was hit in the face by a truck...

Yep, a truck, a toy truck... at the hands of my Samuel.  I swear I'm doing the best that I can to raise these kids in the kindest way possible and they are still turning into little monsters!  Or I guess we are entering the threenagers phase... I had a great play date this morning with my Kellys as Fall is bringing back the Sunday morning get togethers and I swear my kids we little devils compared to theirs!  I know I shouldn't feel judged but every time one of the boys would do something slightly violent, I would cringe internally and wonder why they still let their children around mine.  I can't be the only one with kids are rough as mine surely??  One minute I blame it all on our own moments of anger towards them so they must be turning into the Incredible Hulk simply based on our weak moments and then other times I convince myself that they are just little boys and that's just what they do.  So tonight when a truck came flying at my face I crumbled... Where did I go wrong??  Why would my sweet boy think it OK to hit his Maman in the face with a truck?  Where did he get the idea???  I surely never encouraged that kind of behaviour.   I always emphasize that we only ever throw balls.  I was so shocked I never even clued in to give him a time out because in our house violence is an automatic time out.  Should I be more strict?  Should I have disciplined them when they were jumping all over Kelly who had no idea what to do other than go with it and try to protect poor little Wyatt.  I've always had such low self esteem that the moment my children misbehave I automatically put it all on me and think that all my friends will leave me because they think I'm a horrible mom who can't control her kids.  I know, I know I'm being overly dramatic but it's like the urge to always apologize for all the crappy things your kids do as though you were the one who threw sand in the little girl's face at the park... Not you, but you still believe that your children are a direct reflection on you!  Sometimes they are, I know, but surely not everything!  I mean, the woman at the park who let her toddler daughter take her 9 month old to go slide down the big slide face first should have known that it wasn't a good idea (a Kelly P story)!  I mean, THAT poor kid has no hope but mine do right??  You do the best you can and you still end up with a truck in your face sometimes right?  I will continue on my path of being the best damn mother that I think I can be and hope that they'll grow up to be semi decent humans.  I mean, my boys aren't a complete disaster.  I feel like I'm painting a picture of devil spawns running around destroying everything and everyone around them.  They are truly NOT that bad.  They have their crazy moments but for the most part they are just the cutest more hilarious little boys.  It's the moments that sometime scare me!  They just transitioned to an older class where they are now the youngest where they were the oldest in the other one.  It's like going from elementary school to middle school.  I think they may be reacting to that transition.  It's been a crazy week in our house as far as tantrums but we've adopted the rewards system and let me tell you that mini marshmallows, fishies and dried cranberries have saved our morning sanity!  Thank you to my friend Alicia who suggested it!  Now the promise of any of those things, they will get a diaper change, put on their clothes, put on their shoes, and walk themselves to the van... We haven't wrestled an alligator all week!!  So we went to Costco and bought a 2kg bag of Craisins lol!

Anyways, all that to say that my children may be a little crazy but they're my crazies and if anyone judges me, they need to walk a mile in my shoes, get hit in the face by a toy truck and still feel the crazy love I feel.  That's when they'll know I'm doing the best I can...

Here are some pics:

The injury... It's really not that bad but it hurt like a BIATCH!!!
All cuddling on Maman

Group pee

Morning drive with Mommy (don't worry, I'm still in the driveway!)

Sam doing some floor cleaning!

Jacob was just washing my doors.  I'm glad they like it now... I'll have to fight when they're older!

Zachary didn't want to clean..

Our BFFs

Such fun!

My BFFs... loving our return to routine... and I suspect so do our husbands!

Samuel was loving all his friends today!

Alexie's birthday... loving the popcorn machine.  I stopped them promptly after this.  Zachary still snuck in a few after! 

Yummy cake my sister made for my niece's 10th birthday!

Jacob saw a pool noodle we were trying to hide... it was over

They had a blast on the car ride home from Mémère and Pépère's.
That's all folks!

________________________________________________________________________________

I do want to take a moment to remember all those who lost someone they loved 15 years ago on that dreaded day... September 11th will always hold a piece of my broken heart.  I will remember...

Image result for september 11th never forget

No comments:

Post a Comment