Sunday, September 25, 2016

And now they interact...

Samuel... he's a MINE overuser.  He hates when other people have ANYTHING that he has ever had at any moment in time.  He's now so intense that he's learned that if he cries hard enough and long enough, Jacob will give in and literally give him the shirt off his back.  While it's really nice of Jacob, and we want to praise him for his generosity, he also needs to learn to stand his ground.  He is letting Samuel bully him into giving in.  He even said out loud "if I cry, Jacob will give me what I want"!  Little bugger!  What can we do?  Do we stop Jacob from being nice?  Well that's exactly what I did this morning.  Jacob had put on a Spiderman zip up sweater and the moment Samuel saw it, he started crying for it.  Jacob almost immediately started taking it off to give it to Sam.  I stopped him and said NO, you will keep your sweater, it's yours and Sam can't have it.  Samuel really wasn't impressed that I got in the way of his evil plan.  He knew exactly what he was doing and wanted me to stay out of it.  He finally let it go and put on the monkey sweatshirt which was perfectly acceptable once he got over it.  I'm really hoping that Jacob learns to stick up for himself because if he gives in to his brother, he will most definitely give in to the bigger bullies at daycare/school.  I gotta teach my little dude to stand up for himself!

On Wednesday morning, Zachary and Jacob went into our bedroom as they often do to jump on our bed and play hide under the blankets and jump on each other (fun right?).  I heard the door close and then a whole lot of giggling.   I went to check because it's never a good thing when those two start giggling.  When they get to working together, they become little tricksters and most of the time, it's nothing good!  I get there and the door is locked!! OH NO!!!!!!!  So you're probably thinking, well that's not a big deal, just get a hair clip and unlock it through the hole... having grown up with a sister, I know all about that little hole and how it works... but here's the thing... My husband used to rent out the rooms in this house so he had installed doorknobs with key locks.  Sadly, we no longer have any of those keys.  When one of the boys locked the spare bedroom door the other day and Gab had to drill his way through, he went to buy some regular door knobs the next day but hasn't had a chance to install them yet.  So as Murphy's Law would have it, the boys were locked in.  I start panicking a little even though I know they're perfectly safe!  I try to explain to them how to turn the little knob to the unlock position and as much as they tried (and did they ever... "like that mommy?  Like that?) so no avail.  Since Gab had been able to successfully drill through the other door knob without having to kick our spare bedroom door shut, he thought he could do the same to this one.  So after assuring ourselves that the boys were far far away from the door, he proceeded to drill.  It wasn't working.  This is when Zachary started being scared.  When he said "Mommy, I really want you right now", that just broke my heart.  I knew I couldn't get to him and although I knew we'd get through the door eventually, it was a really hard moment for me as I'm sure it was for him (he's been really attached to me lately).  After realizing that the drilling just wasn't going to cut it for this door, Gab went to put on his big work boots.  We must have asked them 20 times if they were far away.  We were petrified of Gab busting the door right on their little faces.  While Sam was watching with terrified wonder, Gab busted through the door.  Thankfully there were no little boys behind it.  The boys haven't left Gab alone since then!  "Papa! NO NO NO, NOT nice! Broke the door with your NEW big work shoes! NOT NICE!".  Still today, they were telling everyone who would listen that Papa had broken the door.  Thankfully he only broke the jam and not the entire door!

This weekend was finally the Thirsty Thursday boys got to go away for a boys weekend.  The Thirsty Thursday boys are mostly the husbands of the ladies in my book club.  They went to our friend Matt's parent's cottage.  They have been planning it for months and were all really looking forward to it.  They had a really good time and plan on making it a yearly thing which I think is great.  That means that I should have had the boys to myself all weekend... Low and behold, my Younique conference landed on the same day they were set to go.  I wasn't going to NOT let him go so I recruited our family to once again come to our rescue.  They actually took the boys on Friday night.  I think it was the first time ever that we have slept in this house without our children here.  CRAY CRAY Y'ALL!!! We are sooooooooooooo lucky to have the family that we do that we can rely on for stuff like that! Since they were gone by 5:30pm on Friday, we should have taken the much needed time off to clean our house.  Did we?  Hells no!  We sat on our asses, ate take out (yummy St-Hubert!!!) and watched TV.  I did my hair and a live video and we went to bed knowing that we could sleep in.  By sleep in I mean, I could get up at 6:30 which is still a WHOLE HOUR more than what I usually get!  Did I sleep until 6:30?? Nope! I was too damn nervous about what to wear and how to do my makeup for the convention!  It was such a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so blessed to be a part of a company who's mission

I did have the boys alone last night and all morning today.  It was rough and I seriously raise my hat to all those moms who do it day in day out!  Stay at home mom just isn't for me!!  I mean, I'm sure I'd be way more organized if I were to stay home with them but man, it was a crazy morning!  Not that we didn't have a great time together but trying to clean?? HA! Forget it!! How do these women clean while taking care of toddlers all day? Kelly!!!!!!!! I'm talking to you!!!   First, my Netflix was down, and they REALLY wanted to see Beat Bugs (my fault for bringing it up before I checked Netflix but seriously, I didn't think it would be DOWN!!).  After convincing them that Patte Patrouille (Paw Patrol) would have to do (to Zachary's grand pleasure), things settled down until Jacob decided to throw his not so hot chocolate at Zachary while I was trying to put the clothes away.  I storm into the kitchen to see a soaked Zachary and a kitchen full of hot chocolate splatter!  Thank God I added super cold milk to their hot chocolate or Zachary would have been scalded!!  After a time out and a super slow clean up by Jacob, Sam decides that it's his time for a freak out.  I dealt with that and then decided it was way too pretty outside to stay inside and besides, the boys always thrive outdoors.  What a good idea MC!  Well Zachary had made up his mind that he wasn't going... I put his socks and shoes on anyway and went to dress his brothers.  Dealt with the whole Sam MINE debacle and turned around to see Zachary was bare feet again.  So again I put on his socks and shoes and whisk them all outside to play!  Zachary must have spent a good 10 minutes at the gate crying to go back inside.  Convincing him to want to stay outside took a while but once he was convinced, he was a happy little dude.  We had so much fun playing!  We played in their little house, we played on the slide for a good 30 minutes.  Their favorite game was sliding backwards into me and then into one another.  They laughed so hard!  Man, the outdoors eh?  What a perfect perfect way to occupy toddlers!  We stayed out for about 1.5 hours and came in for lunch.  Gab came home at about 11:30, helped with lunch/nap time and off I went to visit the NICU as a veteran parent.  It's always so great to go back there as veteran to help those who are going through so many of the emotions I went through.  It's hard at times because it makes me constantly relive some of those emotions but I know I'm helping so I really don't mind!

That's about it!  I feel like I had verbal diarrhea!!!

Have a good week y'all!!

With one of my Kelly's at the convention! 

Got to meet one of my makeup idols! 

The black status (the highest status you can reach) panel!  They helped ease my fears about some stuff! 

My little dude who didn't want to come play outside!




Poor Samuel was just climbing the ladder and Jacob pulled down his pants!!



They made me sit in their little house, it was actually kind of cool all the details in there!

Climbing out the window!

Wee!!!!!

Trying to glue our door back together... 


The cottage where the boys had their getaway.  Gorgeous!

Little piece of heaven

Brushing their teeth with their new electric Spiderman toothbrushes!
 Have a good week everyone!  And have a happy Fall!!!

Image result for happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment