Wednesday, August 21, 2013

week 18 ~ Wedding!!

Well we did it, we're married!!! It was a long tough, but amazingly wonderful day.  We were surrounded by our closest 200 family and friends, and we wouldn't have had it any other way!  We are so blessed to have such a great group of people in our lives.  I was able to make it pretty much the whole night.  At one point I thought of leaving and then I saw my 82 year old grandmother still hanging around and I decided that if she could do it, I could hack it a little while longer.  The music was great, the food was great and above all, the people were great!  Just an incredible day overall!



As far as the genders, if you haven't already heard, we're having THREE BOYS!!!!!!!  My house is going to be crazy, me and my 4 boys, should be an interesting life.  We were a little sad that we didn't have a little girl in there but then I remembered that I had two amazing nieces in my life.  Besides, my sister can deal with the girl teenage-hood and I can walk away... hehe... I know three boys aren't going to be any easier, but as a high school teacher, I know that there's a lot more to do to please teenage girls than boys... haha.   I can't wait to meet my three boys!!! As far as names, we've started a list, but we're not going to share this with anyone until their birth.  My sister once told me that she didn't name her daughters until she saw their faces, just because she felt she could match them better, and I'd say she did a good job!  The names will be the last little surprise for everyone.  What we're finding tough is finding names that sounds good in both French AND English, names that go well with Arsenault, names that our immediate surrounding didn't already use, names that don't make me want to hurl (basically reminds me of a school kid! haha... some names have been permanently ruined in my mind...), and oh yeah, finding THREE!!!  We had such a long amazing list of girl names!  Maybe one won't mind being called Sophie? or Emma?  

My pregnancy is getting increasingly difficult on my body.  I'm really glad we got married when we did because my body has decided that it is no longer mine, the boys have taken over.  Firstly, my hands hurt, apparently due to swelling in my wrists causing carpel tunnel to appear.  They are almost always numb, waking me up in the middle of the night and preventing me from doing the most basic things.  I now have to ask Gab to open almost everything for me.  Secondly, my belly is now completely in the way of my bending over, requiring my new husband to have to put my shoes on for me quite often and making putting on pants very hard.  Speaking of shoes, my brand new shoes that were suppose to last me through this pregnancy are now starting to be too small and tight due to crazy swelling so I may have to bite the bullet and buy....I don't even want to say it.... CROCS.... yuck!  Finally, I'm definitely waddling now and walking quite slowly, which is annoying to me because I'm always the one getting annoyed with people who walk slow in front of me.  

These aren't even my new shoes, these have taken a hike a while ago,
but it's just to show how big my feet get by 11am everyday.  


I had to cut our mini Halifax honeymoon short as I just couldn't walk around anymore, I had to sit every 10 minutes to rest my feet and my back.  I knew it was time to come home when I broke down in tears in the food court at the Halifax Shopping Centre! haha... According to Gabe, this was emotional break down #3, and if you know me, you probably find that very impressive that I haven't had more!

As you can imagine, after our wedding, my house is in shambles and it's very hard for me to look around and know there's nothing I can really do.  Gabe is amazing, and he's forcing me to do NOTHING, while he does EVERYTHING.  That's tough because I'm sitting down on the couch watching him do everything around me while I have to put my feet up and feel useless.  He keeps telling me that my job is to grow our healthy babies.  Let me tell you, his first week as husband has been pretty stellar so far!  GO HUSBAND!!! 

I think I'm starting to feel little flutters, so that's really cool.  I'm not sure if that's what they are, but I'll pretend!   We have our next appointment tomorrow, they are going to start measuring all their limbs and making sure all is well, so that's exciting.  At 4 1/2 months, this week has shown me that this pregnancy is going to be anything but easy, but I know it'll be worth it in the end! 

18 weeks ~ 51 inches




No comments:

Post a Comment