Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fires and bad haircuts

Well... one fire and one bad haircut...  My stove caught on fire when I was simply boiling water, so that was fun! It did add to my argument of getting a new stove.  Thankfully, we had already decided to get a new one and it was already on its way!  Isn't it pretty? 

Good thing I knew to throw baking soda on it! 

My new convection oven baby!  Gotta love boxing day sales! 
As for the haircut well that was all my bad.  I thought as a pretty intelligent woman, I should know how to cut hair, I'd seen my hairdresser do it plenty of times so would it really be that hard?  Well there's a reason why they use clippers on the back on men's hair and not scissors ahaha!  I did a pretty good job with the top of Jacob's head but I butchered the back and it wasn't even really fixable with the clipper later on... Sadly, my son's going to go to his first day at daycare with a bad haircut courtesy of mommy dearest...  I think we did an ok job fixing it up but it's not perfect.  Poor little dude!  
See? The front is actually quite cute!  

The back however, not so cute...

...quite comical actually! 
For NYE we had a wedding to go to and it was a lot of fun.  It was with my Surf-Ivor family and as always, we laughed our little buns off at the pre-reception supper and had a really great time at Carol and Matt's reception.  They had been together exactly 10 years on NYE so that was pretty special!  

Our silly picture in the photo booth

Me and the beautiful bride after our traditional Baja shot! 

Gabe and I just before we left.  We didn't make it to midnight as we are losers.  Actually we are parents of triplets who need to be up early so we need to be in bed at a reasonable hour! 

Between supper and the reception, we were able to sneak away for a bit to visit our friends who were having their own NYE celebration!  They had fireworks and everything! 
 
This week was my last regular week with the boys as they start their daycare trial tomorrow.  This makes me very sad.  They go to daycare Mon, Tue and Wed morning, have a doc appointment on Thursday morning and we leave for Florida on Friday.  So that's it, no more just mommy and babies alone, it's been a long haul but we made it!  The more I think about it, the more I cry because I feel like my job isn't done.  I feel like I may not have prepared them enough for the "real" world!  My poor little sensitive Sam, what if someone yells at him and I'm not there to comfort him and tell him it's all right.  Won't he look for me everywhere to find comfort?  Will Zachary just sit in the middle of the floor and cry all morning not knowing what's going on and why I'm not there to hold his head upside down or dance with him because that's all that seems to make him happy lately?  What about Jacob, my little kamikaze, will he climb on every surface he finds, fall and break a limb because the educator is busy looking after another child?   My stomach is in knots and my eyes are full of tears as I think of it all.  I know it'll be ok and eventually, they're going to beg me to take them to daycare when I want to keep them home but I'm not ready for tomorrow.  Tomorrow won't be ok because tomorrow I abandon my children to the care of strangers... Who can be ready for that?  At least it's only for three days then I get them back until the end of the month when I have to start it over again.

Next time you hear from me I'll be in sunny (hopefully) Florida!  Right now the temperature looks like it'll be between 20 and 25 all week so I can't complain!  Here are some pics of the week with my boys who are growing up too quickly.  This life of theirs is moving too fast...

Little Jacob is now climbing on my couch.  Teach him how to safely get off they say... I did but he still thinks that standing up on it and walking right off is the way to do things!! 

Let us out daddy!!! 

Fun play times with Papa

Little did they know this was to be their last morning bottle

One of their favorite activities is emptying their box of shoes

Their first breakfast right after wake up.  They didn't seem to miss their morning bottle so that's good! 

Zachary was playing with this pyjama for about 15 minutes straight! 

Our sweet Samuel is walking more and more! 

We cut Jacob's hair even shorter to try and even everything out.  The cut?  That's during a toy fight with his brothers.  He lost. 

We made them a house with the oven box.  They had fun for about 20 minutes before they were over it. 

Gabe had even put in a door and windows!  We thought they'd have fun for hours... nope

Zachary wants to be like mommy and reach for the wine!  

He loves just hanging out in the car seat and playing with the straps

Today, he sat there for a while while watching cartoons



That's all folks!   I hope you all have a great week!  

Oh!  I officially became a Jamberry Consultant!!!! If you want to learn more, just visit my website: http://jamswithmc.jamberrynails.net/.  

Have a good week everyone!  


No comments:

Post a Comment