Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cancer messed with the wrong girl!

Today I got to walk beside my sister as we walked the Run for the Cure loop at Centennial park.  I wrote this on my Facebook this morning:  

Today is the day I get to walk by my sister. I say GET TO because she beat this thing. Because of the early detection, her brave decision to do a double mastectomy and the 4 rounds of unbearable chemo, she GETS to walk as a SURVIVOR today. Because of the new research and all the medical advances, my sister is seeing the light at the end of this awful tunnel. So today I will walk with her, hold her hand, and thank God that I GET TO every step of the way. I love you sis and I am so unbelievably glad that you are still here today... MOUAH!! 

She is really one of the lucky ones.  She lost a chemo friend a few weeks ago.  I graduated with this girl in 1998 so she was my age and that was just so unbelievable to me.  She had two young children and that is just the saddest thing.  I was looking at my niece today and I thanked the fates that they still had their mother today.  I asked my mom how she was doing and she told me that she'd rather be anywhere else but there today because that would have meant my sister wouldn't have gone through the hell she went through but we are oh so glad that the hell she had to bravely go through made it so that she was able to walk with us there today... I love you sister and I know I tell you more than I have ever told you before but your January phone call scared me so much that I just want you to know.  So there! 

I will leave it here and let you look through some pics:

All the people :) 

My sister and her family who get to hold her close today

The survivors 

My sister and her daughters

The back of my sister's shirt

Beautiful Gabrielle

The boys sporting their pink hats



My getup for the day! 


Gab got to meet us about halfway in the walk and I got to cross the finish line with the boys.  


Zachary loved walking so much! He must have run for a full kilometer today! 


Two strong ass survivors! 

The students at my school signed this big card for my sister. I feel so proud to be a Royal! 



Royals on the Hill


With my mom and my fanny pack
 


My mom and her beautiful oldest daughter



Some Royals



TEAM CINDY!!! We raised close to 6 000$!!!!

The boys playing in the dryer

That's not where you brush your teeth Jacob... 

At least we'll know where to look when we start playing hide and go seek! 

Jacob has decided he only wants to eat a banana if the peel is on it! 
 



Petting the "dog" at Old Navy






Jacob trying on his Halloween costume

Tuque season?? so cute!! 




Playing on the couch

Gab's great uncle came to visit and although it took Sam quite a while to get used to him, the other two just literally jumped right in! 





Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment