Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Day of Thanks!

I like that we have a day set out special in the year where we get to tell our whole world, mostly through Facebook, what we are thankful for.  I wish people would do it more often than just the one day.  I don't believe we tell people around us often enough how thankful we are for them and so I will try very hard to tell people more often.  Maybe you should all take the same vow.  My triplet mom group is planning a day of paying it forward this week and I think it's great and I can't wait to take part.  This is another thing that I feel we should just DO.  Be kind!  We were talking at work the other day about how being kind is just the key to so many things in our lives.  I wish more of my students were more kind to one another.  I'm struggling with going back to work tomorrow because I have to deal with a class situation that I really don't want to deal with.  I just don't know how to explain to a group of 25 teenage student that being kind is the key to happiness in this crazy world.  I'm lucky (and of course so very thankful) to be surrounded at work with women who are just very nice to one another.  They make it easy for me to go to work every day.  Even if we make fun of each other every once in awhile, we do it out of love.  Most of us have been teaching together for 8 years or more and the newer girls just seem to fit right in.  We really truly care for one another and would do just about anything to ensure the happiness of the other.  How do you translate that to teenagers who would rather run around my classroom like a bunch of 5 year olds using markers as weapons of mass discoloration?   How do you make them understand that what I am trying to teach them isn't just mathematics but work ethics?  I am truly thankful for my job and for the students I get to help navigate through life but how do I help them figure out that the math isn't necessarily the important part of my lessons, but killing people with kindness which is, in large part, also show through respect?  As my friend Alicia and I always say when discussing our children... Who the F knows?

Since this IS the day set aside for thanks, here are a few from my end:

-- I am thankful for the medical advances that have allowed my sister to fight the fight and still be here today.

-- I am thankful for the medical advances that have allowed my husband and I to battle infertility and allow us to have our three miracles.

-- I am thankful that we believed in our babies enough to give all three of them a chance at life and they are in our lives today.

-- I am thankful our miracles survived the crazy pregnancy I put us all through.

-- I am thankful for the medical advances that saved me and kept my 7 month old newborns alive.

-- I am thankful that my husband was, and continues to be, a great support.

-- I am thankful that I chose the right man to be the father to my children.  He couldn't love our boys more.

-- I am thankful for my mother who has shown me what a good mother is.  She allowed me to make mistakes but was always there to pick me up when times got rough.

-- I am thankful that a part of my dad's kindness lives in me and I see it in my children.  You may not be here in the physical sense my dear Papa but I see you in my children and that makes me thankful you were you.

-- I am thankful that Gabe and I have finally decided to get our health under control and that we have each other for support.  It's a tough road but we'll get there.

-- I am thankful for my husband's parents who have been an incredible support for us.

-- I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads.

-- I am thankful I have toys to pick up, this means my children played.

-- I am thankful for the silence in my house, this means my children are rested.

-- I am thankful for the dirty dishes I have to clean, this means we have food to eat.

-- I am so very thankful my crazy toddlers are healthy.

-- I am thankful I didn't break my toe on the evil wooden toy this morning.  I can live with the split open skin that still hurts like a BIATCH but I can live with.

-- I am thankful that peanut butter exists and that the boys aren't allergic.  If not for peanut butter, my children would, some days, not eat a thing.

-- I am thankful for my nieces who are great cousins and who will become amazing babysitters lol.  I am also thankful for them because they allow me to be able to have little girls in my life without having to deal with the craziness of having teenage daughters I'm thankful my sister will get to experience.

-- I am thankful that dogs exist because c'mon... how cute are they?  (I'm secretly excited for the day we get to get the boys one).

-- I am thankful my boys got to have a great daycare worker in their lives even though she had to retire early.  I'm sure having her there for their first 10 months of daycare made it easier for the boys to transition.

-- I am thankful for the great day I got to spend with my amazing family of five.

-- I am thankful that although our van got broken into on Monday, nothing was stolen and our van was as good as new by the end of the day.

-- Finally I am just thankful for the day I chose to eliminate all negative people from my life and surround myself with people who allow me to be the happiest I can be.  I think I have found that happiness through my family, my boys, my friends and of course, food.

I could go on all day about the things in my life I am thankful for but I'll end it here and hope that you all join me this week and show your thankfulness by doing one Random Act of Kindness.

That's all for this week folks... enjoy the pics!

Damn fools

It was a really crappy sight to wake up to
 
Looks like eyes in their closet... it was nothing but reflective flaps on their pants

The boys went apple picking with their daycare and made us some amazing apple sauce.

Zachary wanted nothing to do with trying on his costume until he saw himself in the mirror.  Then he wouldn't take it off! 
 
The boys were looking for Papi (my step-dad) in the backyard. 

Back on all fours

My small but delicious Thanksgiving meal



The cutie pie cards the boys made us at daycare


Longing to get on the ride on lawnmower 

The pretend one will have to do

First time in the back of a pickup.  They loved it 

Fun with the cousins
 

This is the evil toy that almost broke my toe.  It split most of it, but didn't break it.  Stupid toy

Zachary found the ONE puddle at the park.

Some parents were giving me "why are you letting him do this he's going to influence my children to do the same" eye but I was like... meh, he's having fun. 


My little monkey being a little monkey

Sam was NOT feeling his costume

Jacob having a good time


Trying on Mama's boots

That's all folks!  Have a good week and don't forget your RAK (random act of kindness).



No comments:

Post a Comment