Sunday, December 13, 2015

This and that

We've had a rough week with Jacob and his sleep... it's not that he doesn't go to sleep at night, we've been lucky in that department, it's that now he wakes up super early and doesn't want to go back to sleep.  On Monday morning, he was awake at 4!!!  We brought him to bed with us because we obviously didn't want THREE two year olds awake at 4.  We tried to get him back to sleep but he kept squirming and switching between Gab and I that not one of us slept again.  At least the other two got to sleep.. it's been a crazy time with his sleeping habits all week and we just don't know what the solution is.  It was another annoying nap weekend.  They were all up at 5am on Saturday (I know... annoying) and so they went to sleep for their nap at 11:45 and all went right to sleep but Jacob didn't even sleep for 45 minutes... They tell me that at daycare he's the first one down and will always sleep for two hours... urgh!  Today we put them down at 11:45 as well and they all went right to sleep but who wakes up not an hour later?  Yup... Jacob!  So I tell Gab to go get him because maybe if we can get to him quick, the other two will keep sleeping... not the case.  Samuel kept crying for Gab so I went to get him and neither of them would go back to sleep.  Well Zachary slept for a little while longer.  

I think one of the reasons our nights go so well now is because we have an established routine.  We change our bums and put on our PJs, we say goodbye to Pépére (and sometimes Mémére) and then we read a book.  Before we go down the hall, they have to give a high five, a fist bump and a kiss to my Santa Claus decoration.  I might have to keep that one up year round... 

Jacob peed on the toilet at daycare!  Like every day this week once or twice a day!  He does it here too!!! Is this really starting???  Will I have to buy pull-ups????   I am not ready for potty training!!! 

Poor little Sam has had a rough go this week... on Friday night he slipped and cut his mouth open, bleeding all over the place and then yesterday afternoon, not long after Gabe and I were gone, I guess he tripped and hit his head pretty hard on their train table.   He vomited in his crib overnight and he had diarrhea all morning.  I was scared it was related to the bump but it must have just been a small bug or something he ate because he was fine all day today.  

We had a crazy long weekend!  Beginning at 5am on Saturday all the way to right now when I'd actually be rather sleeping right now but I want to get this down before I go get cozy... 

We were up at 5am with the boys, tried to get them to watch a movie with us and it succeeded for like 10 minutes at a time.  My sister was coming to visit with her family so I texted her early and said they could come over anytime to help us keep the troublets occupied... They showed up at around 8am and we had already been up for 3 hours at that point and it felt like forever lol.  They spent the morning with us and the boys and even watched them while Gabe and I went for groceries.  We put the boys to bed, I went to get my hair done, got home for like 15 minutes and then we headed out for the night!  My in laws were coming to babysit.  The first thing we did when we got to the hotel was take a nap.  Well Gabe took a nap, I tried and failed so I went upstairs to Lynn's room and did her makeup.  Came back to our room, did my nails and my makeup, woke up my husband, got dressed and went for some pre drinks.  We then went to have a great dinner with Gabe's work peeps at The Keg (thanks Lynn!!!) where I ate WAY TOO MUCH AMAZING FOOD and then went back to Lynn's room for some post dinner fun.  She made us play this awesome game that took her like 3 hours to prepare that took us like a hour to play lol.  Anyways, it was a really good time and gave us a nice break.  Although we still missed the boys. 

We got home this morning at around 10, played with the boys for about an hour, made some lunch and put them down for a nap which turned into a non-nap.  We then had to get ready to go to our 2nd annual friends xmas get together pot luck.  We must have had about 30 kids in that community hall.  It was great to see all our friends with all our children.  There are more children than their were last year and there will be even more next year!  I remember last year we hardly got to talk to anyone because the boys were so co-dependant on us and this year it was a little more carefree.  Zachary did sneak away and disappear in a bathroom where he was found by Sondra (thanks!!).  He had such a guilty looking face when I went to get him.  He was trying to run away from me and wasn't watching where he was going and ran straight into the sink!  He did the same at daycare this week... He didn't want to take his coat off and he tried to run away from me by turning around and smacked right into the brick wall that we directly behind him... poor little dude!  Anyways, it was amazing today.  It was organized chaos!  We know each other so well now that we, as Sondra put it, are like a well oiled machine when we get going.  Our husbands also get together once a month so they're also getting to know one another pretty well which is great.  I remember as a kid that your family was your Christmas because there were so many of us grandkids that we didn't need anyone else.  Nowadays, the families aren't as big so friends with kids become a huge part of your life.  I really hope we can keep this tradition going because there was true Christmas magic in the air.  Thanks so much Neil for agreeing to play Santa again this year.  It totally made the event more magical for all our children! 

Anyways, we got home, bathed the kids, read a few stories and off to bed they went!  Phew!  It was long but went by in a flash!  I can't believe it's already Sunday night and that I'm writing this blog!  

I really didn't take any pics this week so here's the best I could come up with!  
My Younique business is starting to go really well and I'm super excited!  I have never been this excited about a product!  Visit my website to see more: https://www.youniqueproducts.com/mcleblanc
This was one of my big pre-Christmas orders.

We had a moms of multiples pot luck on Thursday and of course, two of my best friends are also multiple moms so it's so great to have them in my life.

More moms of multiples, but this time these were my Younique Y-sistas! 

Gabe and I checking in to our hotel room

I was super excited!  This room was great!!

Gab looks super happy here

Look at how much they look alike!  People confuse them all the time... they are co-workers


Once again the boys wouldn't sit alone with Santa so we had to be in the pic

Less than a few weeks to go before Christmas!!!

Have a good week y'all!!!  xox



No comments:

Post a Comment