Sunday, March 13, 2016

March Break Madness!

My blogging entertainment for the evening


Well not really madness because I selfishly sent the kids to daycare all week.  The week didn't seem long enough to do everything done that I wanted done though!  I did get one thing accomplished that I had been waiting to do for a long time... redecorate my bathroom!! For those of you on my facebook you're probably annoyed by all my before and after pics by now but that's ok because I'm so happy with the finished product I don't care what anyone else thinks haha!  I had so many other things on my list of to-dos... oh well!  I had a good week regardless! I got to spend a whole day doing practically nothing while making sure my sister didn't move off her butt for the day (she had to have another preventative measure surgery this week).  I played Clue with my nieces (tell me again why this game was deemed super fun when I was young??), I braided their hair (once again confirming that it's a good thing I didn't have girls for I can't do hair other than my own), and played a whole bunch of Color Switch (too addicting... even got Gab into it when I got home).  I did some Younique deliveries, I brought our taxes to the tax guy (let's hope we make a killing... 25 000$ in daycare fees should count for something right?).  I feel like I did many other things but now it feels like I should have accomplished way more than I did!?!

So here's how the week went down...

Monday - Painting day.  I downloaded an audiobook as I always do my best painting while listening to one.  This one was called "Seconds Away" by Harlan Coben.  If you've never read any of his books, you're missing out, he's hilarious.  Anyways, the book was 7 hours and 30 odd minutes long.  When I turned it off at the end of the day, there was 12 minutes left... that's a long time painting!  I couldn't move at the end of the day!  I hate painting so I wanted to make sure I got it all done in one day and I did!  Phew!! The more expensive primer inclusive paint was worth the extra money because it saved me from having a second day of painting.  The only crappy thing that happened was that I shattered our bathroom mirror.  It was not our plan to replace it, we were actually just going to frame our current one but now I'm almost glad it happened because I got a beautiful mirror out of it.  I actually had two given to me and I just chose the bigger one (not that I enjoy seeing myself naked coming out of the shower but I'll just close my eyes haha).  So yes, the shattering of the mirror and the scare I got (I'm sure the tenants downstairs thought I was dying when it came down) was all worth it in the end, even the shard of glass that got in my foot even after we washed the floor three times... Better me than that mirror falling on my children!

Tuesday - I went to see my sister in the hospital and came home to three Younique delivery boxes that I organised and bagged while watching my in laws install the bathroom wallpaper (didn't they do a great job?!?).  That part is what made the bathroom go from nice to AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

BEFORE

Mirror up...

Mirror down... well shit... 

My hired help!


My mother in law doing what she does best :) 

Look at that wallpaper!! 

95% done... we just need to mount the new mirror and add a frame to one closet and add doors to the other.

Of course my motto had to go up on the wall! DOLLARAMA Y'ALL!!  Well the small print was, I framed it with a random frame I found at Value Village.  Thank you Pinterest! 

Wednesday - I did some bathroom cleanup and went shopping for some decorations.  I also did some deliveries... I'm sure I did other stuff but I just can't remember.

Thursday -  My lazy chaperoning my sister day.  I came home just in time to go get my boys.

Friday - I had an amazing visit with my friend Véronique and her little guy Sébastien.  You know those friends that you have that you know are your forever friends?  No matter how long in between your visits, your love remains the same in your hearts no matter the length in between the visits?  I don't have many, but she's definitely on that short list... I actually did some relaxing in the afternoon which was a nice way to finish my vacation week. 

Saturday was a long day! We drove to Shediac so that I could go get weighed at Your Way Weight Loss, then we went to visit my sister and family where the boys played some hockey in the garage, played with Mia their black lab in the house, frightened their new cat Ellie, and just caused some ruckus!  We left so we could just make it to soccer tots where they played almost no soccer.  I don't know why it's so expensive when they play with the ball only 25% of the time and the rest of the time they have to run around chasing the parents for the most part but whatever, they're having fun regardless... I'll just say what Gab says, it should not be called soccer tots but play tots or something of the sort... Anyways, after their nap (which are going great since we separated Sam from the herd) we went to visit the new Canadian Tire, had Subway for supper, went shopping for some rubber boots at Mod Choc.  CRAZY day!  

Sunday the boys and I went to our regular Sunday morning playdate with Kelly Ho and Kelly Peacock and all our sons.  My freaking insecurities started up again!  Will these ever leave me?? One of the boys was being super crazy hyper and was pinching and just being annoying and all I kept thinking was that my friends, who are quickly becoming very important to me, are probably thinking that I'm the worst mother in the world and that they're most likely trying to find a way to no longer invite me and the boys to our play dates.  Now I'm not sharing this with you so that you'll tell me "MC, what are you talking about, you're a great mother" etc, etc, etc... I'm not fishing for compliments, I'm simply sharing because I know I'm most likely not alone in my insecurities.  Is it just me or do we always think that our children are the worst of the bunch and they're the most annoying ones and everyone is judging you as a mother??  Why is it that we feel that our children's behaviour should be directly blamed on us and not them?  Why are we always so embarrassed and apologize profusely when our children misbehave at daycare as though we were the ones who pushed or bit although we were nowhere near our children at the time.  Of course, what they do reflects on how we raised them but surely some must come from nature and not nurture?  I have three children of the same age that I truly believe I am raising the same but they are NOT the same people at all.  We knew from the time they were itty bitty babies that they were different.  Jacob was a three pound monkey baby, Sam was a three and a half pound happy baby and Zachary was a three pound and a bit super serious boy.  They haven't changed much, especially not Jacob.  I think we'll have something to do with how polite they are, with how they treat people and what kind of friend they turn out to be but I really don't think I can truly change who they are in nature... don't they say that identical twins could be raised worlds apart and still have a lot of the same future?  Nature wins very often... So yes, all that to say that I'm sure my Kelly's won't disown me or my children, but it doesn't stop me from feeling as though my children's behaviours will get me kicked out of the Sunday Morning Club... 

Man, I'm blabbing on tonight... I don't even think I looked at my husband's blog notes...  Ok, so here's what I missed... 

The boys are loving helping out with chores more and more and we're letting them as much as possible because eventually they will be an integral part of the household chores (yes Mémère, I will make your boys work... don't you dare come do their work for them!!! lol).  They have been taking their turns "helping" me with supper.  They LOVE cleaning up their own mess.  Jacob was Mr. Helpful on Wednesday morning, cleaning up his mess, asking Gab to pour more milk in Samuel's bowl, going as far as pulling up a chair by Samuel's chair and asking him if he needs help and then proceeding to feed his brother with his spoon over and over again... 

They are so stinking cute, I can't even... 

Here are some pics of my super amazing family and friends... 

 
The Sunday Crew... missing a few gals as they were in London

The boys were loving Tigger

Bounce bounce bounce


Sam loves his play guitar! 

Playing run up and down the hallway with a surprise peek a boo from Papa at the end

Every time I decide that I'm going to sell that car, one of the boys decides to love it again!

Jacob dancing with his Mémère and Pépère

This was a fun time... the boys were all over getting sprayed in the mouth... haha

Loving it! 

Reading with papa just before bed time

Seb showed me how to show my children how to catch a ball!

Learning some tunes... 

Loving the new Spring air!! 
Fancy Friday with their new fancy plates and fancy shirts!  I've declared Fridays as Fancy Fridays because my boys have a lot of nice dress shirts and don't have occasion to wear them and often grow out of them before their wear them so Fridays, I dress them up! 

See food!!! Mini eggs!! 

Loving the chocolate! 


They wanted to hang out in Papa's van on Saturday morning to see what all the fuss was about... they never understand why he goes in a separate vehicle on daycare mornings... 


Dirty face!

Loving the pond at Canadian Tire


First Subway experience... Zachary ate all the insides of the sub, Samuel ate the smooshed sandwhich a tiny bite at a time and Jacob ate none of it... no surprise on any front... well maybe apart from the fact that Sam normally stuffs everything in his mouth! 

At least he drank some water

Sam's new nap central!  Either Gab or I have to stay in the room while he naps otherwise he wakes up about an hour in and freaks out if he doesn't see us in the bed... We don't mind, it gives us each about 2 hours to relax on alternate days and the boys are rocking naps at home now!

Kelly P sent us home with some brownies today... Yummy yummy!! 

Can you believe they didn't finish them?? 

Look at that face!!!! He was looking at himself in my phone's camera here... 

Jacob LOVES seeing himself!

Grumpy face... 

Tickle face... 




This is their new thing... hands in their pockets

Cool dude

Hanging out with our dodos on Sunday morning


Oh yeah! Gab finally got around to mounting our TV!  The boys were confused but I sure am glad the TV breaking threat has gone down 90%... Zachary did try to throw a ball at it tonight... those kids... 


From the words on my bathroom wall... 


...and have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment