Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hold on tight...

This week has been pretty rough on the old heart y'all... One of my very good friends lost her father to his battle with cancer and today marks the anniversary of my own father's passing.  It just made me think this morning about how much I miss him.  I was 12 when he died and my niece will be 12 just next year and she's just a wee one but I felt so grown up and like I knew everything that was happening.  I was so angry that my family was trying to keep things from me regarding the circumstances of his death.  He committed suicide so you can just imagine why they were trying to protect me, I really was just a young pup... but I was a young pup who knew deep down that there was something wrong with her Papa and no one was able to keep it from me for very long.  I didn't realize though at that age how much I would miss him still as an adult.  It tore me up not having him at my wedding or when the boys were in the NICU and now that the boys are growing to love two very awesome grandfathers, I'm sad that there's one they'll never really get to love.  I was talking to my sister yesterday about how much sadder it must be to lose your father as an adult because you got a chance to really get to know the man as a friend and not just as a father.  I know it was devastating to lose my dad at such a young age and I often grieve the fact that I never got to know him as a man, but I hear that he was quite a loving man.  He was sadly living in a world where mental health issues was still a pretty big taboo subject and he just couldn't get the help he needed.  All that to say that I can just imagine what my friend is going through, because she must be feeling twice as sad as I had.  She lost her father, but she also lost the friend he became, the man she knew... and THAT has to be a great pain... Je t'aime mon amie... Another friend of mine lost her grandfather this week... so much sadness... So hold on tight people, tell the people you love them that you love them and don't take a single moment for granted because they can be gone in a blink of an eye...

This week has been pretty good with the boys.  They've been fighting a cold so that's been sucky... I had to leave work early twice this week.  Once on Monday to get ALL the boys as they had a low grade fever and then again on Wednesday to get Zachary because he just wasn't himself.  We had a great half day he and I.  We cuddled on the couch where he watched Paw Patrol and I read.  FYI... The Mockingbird is an AMAZING book!!!

I had a night out with my book club ladies on Monday night and that's always a good night.  Most of us had actually read the book this time.  The book was Girl on the Train and it was pretty good!  Honestly most of the time, and it was true this time as well, we just gossip, eat and drink for a few hours to catch up on our busy lives and then we return to them.. It's always nice to be able to get away.  I also had a meeting here with my preemie mommies to try and see where we can take our group for bigger and better things.  We're planning so many amazing things including support for post NICU care for moms who are just lost with no professionals around you 24/7, we'd also like to have some sort of meal train going to support parents who's children are in the NICU so they don't have to worry about food when they get home for 15 minutes to shower, eat and rush back to the hospital, we have some fundraising ideas to help us with our snack and chat sessions where we go visit the parents who currently have babies in the unit and try to give them some sort of support while sipping on some coffee and nibbling on treats.

Today was another great Sunday Play Date Day!  This is quickly becoming one of my favorite days of the week!  The boys (and sometimes girls) are getting along better and better and so are us mommies!  It'll be great to see them all develop together.  Just this week, Kelly's twin boys started walking so they'll soon ALL be running circles around us!  It's a zoo every week but we are use to it and we love it!

Oh... another sad thing for me this week... this was the week that made my dream of another baby die... After two years waiting, my husband had his vasectomy... I know some of you may think I'm silly but I would have loved a bonus baby (that's why my triplet mom friends call their post-triplet babies).  I keep hearing how wonderful a singleton is from so many of my multiple mom friends that letting go of that dream made me really emotional.  My husband?  He's sore of course and having three toddlers constantly wanting to be on him made for a crappy few days of recovery.  He's having to go back to work in the morning so I hope it's not too hard on him.  He's a trooper though!  

Here ends my ramblings...

Pics!

Play date fun!  Kelly Ho had them all captivated with this twisty book.




Liam and Xavier, climbing all over the couch!

Our zoo... 

This was moments before they all started serenading us with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...

One of their very favorite games... running up and down the hall and getting scared by one of us.  It's like they forget every time they come back up the wall that one of us is hiding behind the wall... lol


Thanks Matante Didi for awesome PJs!!! They fit/look great!! 


Cheese!!!!!

Helping Papa put new batteries in!



This car that they love so much is getting a little too crowded... They all try to fit in it together and then bite each other when they don't like the crowdiness...


This is Zachary being annoyed...

Jacob wanted me to put a "pony" in his hair and of course, worked it because we were laughing so hard... little monkey!

They love their tub time together... but for how long?? 

What a trooper!! 
Long week ahead!!! I'm on break but have a thousand things planned... first on my list to do : paint my bathroom tomorrow, then sister focus time, then training NICU veteran parent time, then tagging for the multiple sale time, then taking my niece out for her birthday (which was in January btw) time, and then maybe some ME time??  haha... we'll see!! 

Until then folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment