Sunday, April 17, 2016

Just when I thought we had it all figured out...

I have a crisis to deal with at the moment so I will leave you with my husband's extensive blog notes for the week... 

In my husband's eyes... 

Monday 530. Jacob woke up first thing crying for us to go get him in his crib. Mommy went in and talked to him for a little bit and convinced them to stay in bed with the door open. Everything was fine until Sam turned on his Talking Elmo doll that was in bed with them which set Jacob off crying again...
Later that morning at daycare I saw Jacob wanting to play with two kids are a little bit older. He didn't try to play with them or ask them he just told me that he wanted to and they caught wind of it and didn't seem like they wanted to play with him and I just witnessed his little heart break and also the fear in trying to approach the older kids. The kids didn't do anything wrong they're allowed to choose who they want to play with but it makes you realize as a parent how sometimes you can see things one-sided. On the flip side last week it seems that our boys didn't want to play with one of the little girls in their group and she was left out and alone. That also makes me sad that my boys would do that. And I'm sure it's not a discriminatory thing that they do consciously and decide not to play with her. I would hope it just happened organically that they chose to play with each other and not with her but since our boys make up the majority of the class it's as though the entire class doesn't want to play with this little girl

Monday evening Mommy went out for supper with friends and to see a Hedley concert. (WHICH WAS AWESOME BY THE WAY!!!!)  That niight I left a dim light on to help ease Jacob"s fears....didn't work. Just got them to sing and play for 30 minutes. Turned the light off and opened the door and told them to go to bed.

Tuesday morning was yet another early morning with crying boys. That morning at daycare 2 of the kids were super excited to see Jacob. ...they yelled out his name. Ha  Sam and Zachary sat on the couch and read together.
Tuesday night Jacob didn't want to go to bed. Cried for water, cried to get out, cried to go to bed with us, cried for anything he could think of to try and stay up.  

Wednesday night we decided to attack the ant problem.  We took everything out of the cupboards to clean with water and vinegar to try and stop the ants....On the bright side the boys have found a new hobby. Spotting ants from 15 feet away and yelling FOURMIS ( French for ant) then request that we hit the ant to which they laugh hysterically.  
That night also marked day 3 of Jacob not wanting to go to bed and crying and trying every trick in the book not to go.  He cried for a while....then stopped....then so they started playing and singing. I went back to tell them bed time...must have been close to 8 by the time they passed out.

Thursday night was just Daddy and Pépère and the boys.  Jacob stole Sam's piece of chocolate after having eaten his own so I gave a new piece to Sam.  Jacob spent the next 15 minutes crying that he wanted Sam's chocolate.  Sam was even nice enough to give Jacob 2 bites and he still wasn't satisfied. Once he finally stopped crying it was time to start getting ready for bed. Jacob (night 4 of not wanting to go to bed. ) spent the next 15 minutes crying that he wanted to go to bed with daddy and that he didn't want to go to bed. When bed time came the crying continued along with begging and pleading for everything and anything including washing his blanket. Finally tucked in the other two and left the room with Jacob crying then he started howling for McQueen.  I figured he wanted to be tucked in so I did...then more crying so I sang a song which helped. ..until I stopped signing. Another 15 minutes of crying.  Tucked them in again....another 15 minutes of crying. Then Jacob said he pooped. I wasn't falling for that one. Then be asked for a hug so I lean in to hug him....guess he was right. He did poop. Change the poop  and come back now Zach and Sam say they pooped...but they didn't....then after being in bed for over and hour and crying I think they are finally going to sleep. ..except now Sam keeps saying papa....couverte McQueen. 1.5 hours after bed time they are quiet....but still awake.

1230....Jacob woke us up crying again.  MC went to see him and he almost stopped but when she left he started crying again.  I went to see him a while later...he asked for me to rock him....I told him to hang on a minute and I left the room for a minute. He stopped crying but I felt guilty cause I lied. I told him I'd be back...so I went back and told him good night and he was fine...until 545 a.m. when he woke up crying again.

Friday morning we had an appointment with Dr Blaney, their high risk pediatrician.  He's impressed as always.  They're tiny (in the 10th percentile) but still on the curb.  Samuel is 25 lbs, Jacob and Zachary are close to 24lbs. \

Friday night bed time went fairly well. No crying from Jacob for the first 20 minutes...then he started crying for his blanket so I went in and the pleading started but I stayed strong, tucked him in and left....he whimpered a bit but only 5 minutes...progress!

Nap time sucks...  We tried a new nap time routine. Picture from baby cam. Didn't work. Mattresses in the living room.  Didn't work.  We ended up with zero minutes of nap time with all of us on the couch watching TV.  Yep, great routine right there parents of the year... 

Sunday, new plan:  let them cry.. 30 minutes later, playing and singing...an hour later they took off their diapers and started throwing them across the room to one another.  We decided to go for a drive because obviously the crying it out bit wasn't working...they slept a bit.  We ended up at the park and had a great afternoon. 

So... back to me (MC)... my children decided to throw a few wrenches in our perfectly sleep trained boys.  Well nap time has been going shitty for some time now and with Jacob not liking bed time anymore, I guess we had it coming... Here was the crisis:


YEP, those are 2 out of my 3 OUT OF THEIR CRIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, and if you look closely, Jacob has his leg already out of the crib.  By the time I got in there, they had closed the door.  I walk in, Zachary wasn't in the room... WTF??? Oh, wait a minute... walk in MY bedroom and the little bugger is IN MY BED!!!  So much for me having three perfect night time sleepers... what does this mean?  Toddler beds?? Am I ready for this???  I walked in there shaking my head and saying "Ah! Ah! Ah!  No! No! No!, we don't get out of our beds!!"  They are still, for now, in their bed... we'll see what happens tomorrow night... next week's blog should be interesting.  Just when I thought I should stop writing this thing because it was getting boring...  They're actually sleeping at the moment... phew!  But WTH do I do tomorrow night??  This makes me so anxious... Why can't they just stay in their cribs until they're 13 and keep their diapers on like good little boys?  Why can't I have children who don't pinch, push, bite, throw fits???  WHERE IS THE WINE AND CHOCOLATE??????????????????????????

On that note... 



A little dark, but my sister and I TREMENDOUSLY enjoyed Hedley!!! 

Yes, that's how we eat McCain Deep and Delicious Cake... 


Selling cookie dough!!!

Killing ants!!! 

They are actively searching for more ants to smack! 

Picking one up to throw out

Milk bubbles!!!!

He was out of milk at this point.. 

So was he... 

Gettin my foil on... I sent this picture to Gab and he replied "We have tin foil at home, why are we spending all this money?"


Waiting in the hospital lobby for Papa.  It's been a while since I've felt like these guys were different... we had sooooooooooooooooo many "OMG Triplets?" moments... 

Snack Break at Soccer tots

This was strategy number one on Saturday... I tried to sit in the room and read while they fell asleep... No go... They just kept wanting me to do stuff... 

I wasn't feeling well after the boys' appointment so I stayed home.  I started organizing for the big sale... SO MUCH TO DO!!!

Organizing while watching Grey's... 


Got my tuque ready for next season! Thanks to my friend Heather for this amazing owl tuque! 

Samuel feeding Jacob some Cheerios

They are LOVING this game

Music time with Daddy-o

Nap drive

These boys were asleep within 5 minutes of our driving
                   
                                       
It took this guy a little longer but finally went down

They are so loving being able to spend hours outside again

Zachary insisted on wearing his hot tuque... I didn't get many pictures of him because he spent most of the time there hanging out with his Pépère



Sam telling this kid with his eyes to back off


Looking at the ducks 
I can't often get a good picture of this little guy as he always "WANTS TO SEE" but he was pretty intense on those ducks



Yes, Jacob has his monster eyes on but they're finally asleep... They're going to be tired little dudes tomorrow...

 Have a good week y'all... wish me luck!  I'm off to do some research...





No comments:

Post a Comment