Sunday, April 3, 2016

The week the toddlers were sick...

... it was quite a week!  I haven't been this tired in a long time!  The boys have been sick all week with deep deep coughs which brought on some hard core puffer usage and a few crappy sleep nights.  I feel like this week everyone I knew who had toddlers told me their children were sick.  As I type this, Jacob is coughing up a storm... They have also been little hellions on wheels all week, crying at the drop of a spoon or throwing a fit because they can't touch the hot stove.  Jacob has been wanting to be physically on TOP of Gabe all week and as much as he loves the little dude, it's super tiring to have a child constantly in your arms and crying at the bathroom door when all you want to do is poop in peace! When Zachary started getting super sick by Wednesday, he wasn't eating all that much and just wasn't himself,  I called the daycare to check on him and she told me that he wasn't all that much better.  She also said that there have been cases of pneumonia... With Samuel's preemie lung issues, I didn't want to take any chances and called to make an appointment with all three of the boys.  Thankfully there was no infection of any kind.  He told me I did the right thing by giving Samuel's puffer to Jacob and I should continue for a few days.  He also gave antibiotics prescription in case they got worse but they're getting better.  Zachary is finally eating again which is great.  My little dude normally eats anything and everything in sight and he just plain refused to eat a few of the meal times so I knew something was wrong.  On Thursday evening, we were brushing their teeth and Zachary did a little yelp when I was going for his molar.  Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the poor little guy was getting a new tooth!  No wonder he wasn't eating and was feverish...  I think the reason they're a little crabbier than normal is the fact that their coughing isn't letting them have a full night's sleep.  They're used to sleeping from 6:30PM to 6:00AM nightly and you disrupt their schedule once... On Thursday morning they were all up screeching at 5AM, Friday night they were all awake at 1AM until about 2AM and then work up again at about 4:15AM... that was a rough day!  We put them to bed yesterday morning at 11:20 with no lunch and they were out within minutes.  Zachary was so tired he couldn't even deal with life...

I had them all to myself on Easter Monday as the daycare was closed but Gabe still had to work.  I was really nervous about it all and didn't know how it would all go down, but it was actually a pretty awesome day.  I loved my time with them!  We had a great play date in the morning at my friend Julie's house where they got to play with a whole bunch of new toys, they met a few new friends and I was able to catch up with a friend, well as much as our toddlers would allow!  We came home, they had lunch and we all went to take a nap.  Nap time sucked but I had already given myself a pep talk about it so it was what it was but even with the limited amount of sleep they had, the afternoon went really really well!

I got to go out with my book club ladies on Thursday night for a girls night out... We normally meet at one another's house and "talk about the book" we read but a few times a year, we make a point to actually go out.  It was a really good time and a really good meal.  Love you gals!

Oh... we now have an ant problem... We forgot some syrup on the table on Friday morning and when I got home, they were everywhere... the boys had a good time swatting at them but I certainly was not a fan.  After the boys went to bed, Gab sprayed everything down in the kitchen with dish soap and water in a water bottle and scrubbed the floors, the countertop, the cabinets... we were hoping that would do the trick... it got rid of some but then we noticed that they were IN our cupboards too so we'll have to battle that one night this week...

Yesterday was a pretty crappy long day with the boys with them being so tired and plain old terrible two toddler like.  Thankfully my in laws are awesome and came early so Gab and I could get out and do some groceries.  We went to have a quiet meal at Piatto's (I had won a gift card from K945 radio!) and went to Costco.  We came home to an empty home and I just had time to clean our fridge before the troublets arrived.  We spent some good time with them before they went to bed.  As toddler like as they can be, I love the living crap out of them and even with the week we had, I still want to eat them alive every time I have them in my arms.

Today I met the Kellys and their families at the Sugar Camp in Turtle Creek.  The boys had such a good time playing outside, it was such a lovely day!  I really hope Spring is here to stay!  I actually saw my lily bud peeking out today!! One plant thing I didn't kill!!!  I digress... the camp is a pretty small operation without the big lodge but it was still interesting.  There's a covered bridge that runs over a brook and all the boys had such a great time running back and forth in it.  There was single duck in the pond and they enjoyed just watching it.  As much as they loved the sugar taffy, their favorite part was throwing pebbles in the water!  They still ate way too much sugar!    Their bellies was so full of the sugar stuff that they once again went to bed without lunch... They were SO full of sugar that they didn't fall asleep until TWO!!!!!!  They normally sleep from 12 to 2... They slept until about 3:30 so they spent about 3 hours in their beds... I had a little too much as well and I think I'm crashing so I will stop here and leave you with some pictures.  Here's to hoping my boys get better, as well as all your toddlers!

Have a good week!

Monday morning... just me and my boys... how will this day go???

Play date at Julie's on Monday
Samuel must have sat on that little stool for a good 15 minutes! (That's an eternity in toddler minutes!)




This is where Jacob now spends his naps... I know, I know... but it is what it is... 

On Monday, Samuel joined us after a while

This is when Jacob noticed that Samuel had joined us.  They clearly did NOT sleep after this

Playing with their new Easter present - play tools! Daddy's proud

Always there to say goodbye every morning from daycare! 

Future DJ's?

This was a crazy technology moment.  Sam on the Ipad with my wireless headphones, Jacob on my phone with Gab's wireless headphones and Zachary watching the actual TV.  What were they watching?  ALL THE SAME DAMN THING... The Wheels On The Bus on Baby Bum You Tube channel. 

Jacob piano man

All of my boys

He must have been warm working so hard!


Working hard with his tongue out

This is for a special someone.  The boys aren't great at posing yet but we did the best we could! 

How skinny was he??

Zachary refused to hold his picture so Gab had to step in

This was his crankyess morning

The Ho twins at the sugar camp enjoying some taffy

Sorta paying attention to the lady

Yummy taffy

Max and a Peacock twin (Sorry Kel, can't see his face!) playing with an empty Tim's cup and some rocks

The Peacock twins have the same coats we just got for the boys! They looked like quintuplets!

Looking at the duck!


So many babies!

Thanks Kelly for taking this beautiful picture of my family... xx






Arms at the ready for pebble throwing




That's it! Good night y'all!

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment