Sunday, April 10, 2016

You know you're guilty!

Why are we so embarrassed by the actions of our children?  I was at a play date this morning with the Kellys.  Two girls who are quickly becoming two of my bestest friends and I know that there is absolutely no judgement between us so then why do the actions of my children still make me feel like I am losing at mothering.  When my children misbehave, I feel like his actions are my actions.  No matter how much we say we don't judge, we do.  Those who say they don't judge are either lying to themselves or live on top of a mountain all alone and even then they probably judge the goat that comes around to visit every once in a while.  When you see mothers do something you would NEVER do, when I see another mother discipline their children differently than I would (yes, because yelling NO very loudly is a perfect way to go about it), when I read about a friend who doesn't sleep train their child at all or goes about it differently than we did, when I see a family out at the mall at 9pm with little toddlers who are screaming and I judge them because my "perfect" children have been in bed since 6h30 pm and I feel that if only their children were in bed they wouldn't be such hellions.  When I see children who are eating unhealthy food (man, what did MY children have just for supper tonight?).  We are a judgmental society and that will never change.  We will always judge, criticize, gossip.  I won't lie and say I don't, I do because secretly we all think that the way we do things is THE way to do things.  As a mother, I have quickly realized that sometimes my way isn't always THE way, but it's the way I know best.  We are all guilty of it, we can't lie...

   I know I've written about this before but I felt I needed to get it out again.  I feel bad for myself for thinking that my friends will love me less because of the way my children act.  Jacob was just being miserable this morning and hitting and pinching and pushing... I also have a nasty habit of reacting loudly as soon as I see a hurtful behavior from the boys.  I know that I shouldn't, but it's a reaction and I'm ashamed of my own behavior as soon as the NO comes out of my mouth.  I know you're suppose to gently tell them that what they're doing is hurtful and explain calmly that what they're doing is not nice.  I have to admit that I'm not always cool calm and collected and again I feel the gut wrenching feeling of being judged.  I've always had a hard time with believing that people loved me for me and I DID have friends who were TRULY my friends.  Yet, at almost 36 years old, the bullying I got as a young teen still resonates with me today.  There are only a handful of people I can truly trust and that I can be 100% myself without that omnipresent feeling of being criticized and then ridiculed behind my back.  Thankfully, one of them is my husband...

Speaking of my husband... We have now been together for 6 years and one day!  Yep, we had our first Boston Pizza date 6 years ago after chatting online for about a week.  So many things have transpired between that date and today.  Aside from about 50 lbs, three children and a wedding (sadly, in that order), we lived adventures not many can claim to have lived.  We have so many other amazing things to look forward to together.  Our children are now the center of our world and I sometimes wonder how we ever spent our time before they ruled our household.  I'm glad to have found someone who lets me be 100% me and hardly ever judges me.  If he does, he doesn't hide it, it's normally plain as day on his face and then we can have a discussion about it.  It's not like I feel like he'll call his BFF to gossip about me behind my back lol.  He gets me, my issues, and all the things that make me ME.  He may not be 100% on board with all those parts and I have put him through some pretty crappy stuff but we're making it!

Alright... here's a little bit about the week.

Zachary is developing a fear of lots of things lately.  He doesn't like loud noises and big elephants on the big screen and as of this morning, a way too up close cartoon monkey on the TV... this week they had a fire drill at the daycare and he apparently handled it quite well to the surprise of their daycare worker.  She had an inkling that it wasn't quite over... The next day Zachary woke up crying Jenna's name about an hour into his nap.  She rushed over to him and I guess he kept saying "No Wee-Ooo Wee-Ooo" (that's what he calls the fire trucks).  She reassured him that the firetrucks were only there yesterday.  He looked at her all concerned and said "Friday?" (this was Thursday) and she told him that they wouldn't be coming on Friday either... poor little dude!

Jacob is getting to be more and more a Daddy's boy.  I can hardly do anything to help with anything he needs to do, he's always crying for his Papa.  I can't pick up in the morning, I can sit him down in his booster seat, I can't change his diaper, I can't dress him, I can't buckle him in his seat in the van... I mean, I get it Jacob, you prefer Papa right now in your life but man, you're making life rough for your Maman!   When I was a toddler, I was a big cry baby and I do believe my mom cursed me a few times with "I hope you have a kid like you one day!" and I think it's happening!  Gab said today "I get why YOU'RE being punished, but why ME?" Ha!  He just seems to cry more than laugh lately and it's really hard on the brain.  Although at daycare, apparently he's the happiest kid on the block!  Isn't that always the case??

Samuel is as cool as a cat.  He IS starting to be SUPER possessive of his stuff though and he gets super super angry.  He gets all red in the face and closes his fists and he shakes all over as he states "MINE!"  He's begun to push and he even slaps now.  He went as far as slap a daycare worker smack dab in the face!  Do you think I apologized enough for that one?

I guess we are just in the midst of the terrible twos... I also guess that because it's been dubbed terrible twos, we are not the first parents to deal with it so I guess it's not ALL my fault.  We are just dealing with it triple fold and it's hard on the head.

Here are some pics of our week:


Jenna, their daycare worker asked them "Where are you going?"  This was Jacob's response. 

This was Zachary's

And Samuel's

Zachary chillaxing in his tuque and diaper

The boys HATE that there's no snow to play in anymore so they were in heaven when they woke up Monday morning to this!


This was one of the times that he was upset because I buckled him in and not his Papa

Cutie!

Patootie!

Relaxing, watching some TV with Pépère!
 So on Friday, Jacob insisted that his bunny go to work with his Papa so Gabe took this bunny business seriously...

All ready for his road trip with his booster seat and seat belt.  Road trip selfie time!


Taking his turn at the wheel

Pulling over to grab a little snack

Taking in a nap after that long day on the road!




Waiting to get his hair cut

All done!  Samuel took it like a pro!

He even got some stylin' done!

Zachary wasn't a fan of the clippers but he was ok with the rest.

There's something about Jacob... He didn't take his hair cutting experience well.  I had to physically restrain him at time so that the lady could just make sure he didn't look like he did when I first cut his hair... AND there it IS!!!  I traumatized him!!!

Just a little yogourt mess!


His hair turned out great though! 


More yogourt mess... 

That's it that's all folks... have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment