Sunday, February 1, 2015

First week back

Well I guess it wasn't a full first week back due to the two snow days but it was still a new routine.  I have to say that it went quite well.  I'm pretty proud of us!  On Monday, I had pretty much the whole day to myself at work to set up my classroom.  I met with my team to see where we were headed in the course and I thought myself ready... and surprisingly, I was (more to come later)... The boys did ok at daycare.  They only slept about 45 mins each which is annoying because they sleep at least 2-3 hours here during the day so needless to say they were pretty tired but we made it through!  Tuesday Gabe went to work for about an hour and came home so we were cocooned in the house with the boys to literally weather out the storm.   We had a bit of scare that day when Samuel passed out... He fell over his little toy car and got so shocked and scared that as he was trying to cry, he made himself pass out!  Gabe was just coming in from shoveling and all he saw was my face and my yelling GAB GAB HE PASSED OUT!  All Gab saw was Sam's face (he had just woken up by then and he looked completely lost and his eyes were all unfocused) and he thought he was chocking... I explained quickly and Sam had started bawling by then.  We cried together for a little while and he was fine.  I did some research and called my pediatrician and everything (and my doctor) says it's fine.  Gab's co-worker's son does this too.  I guess some babies and children do this when they're in shock or angry that they make themselves pass out but holly molly was I scared!  He just wasn't breathing and I was like Sam, SAM BREATHE and all of a sudden he passes out on my chest... kill me now!  It only lasted long enough for me to scream his name (which apparently you're not supposed to do but what the hell man, how the eff should I know that?).  Anyways, he's fine, he hasn't done it since.

Wednesday, I was ready and willing to meet my students but no... Mother Nature had other ideas so I decided to take a day to myself and give myself a break (I'm allowed right?!?) so I brought the boys to daycare for the day.  On top of wanting a break, I also wanted to keep the new routine going as much as possible and I didn't want to confuse the boys too much.  I want them to get used to going to daycare and not seeing it as a horrible thing so if I bring them, keep them home, bring them, keep them home, it won't help them get used to it.  I'm glad I did because I got to clean the house without wondering when they'd wake up and using super speed to do it and I got some more preparation done so that was nice.  What wasn't so nice was getting home after dropping them off at daycare to find out that I had been "iced" out of my house!  Our storm door wouldn't open, nothing I could do to get it open (even bent my house key trying to get the little lock thing to pop out...).  OF COURSE, my cell phone was in the house and I was only wearing a heavy open cardigan....  Thankfully the next door neighbor was randomly outside so I yelled to ask her if I could use her phone to call Gab.  I honestly didn't know what he could have done but at least I wouldn't be alone in my dilemma.  So chat chat chat with the neighbor while I wait for Gab and I find out she's quite the observer!  She had so many things to say about our current and past tenants it was funny.  She was talking about how we must be happy that our old tenants were gone with all their weed smoking and the NERVE they had smoking it outside blah blah blah and how happy we must be to have a mother living down there now.  I laughed and said that we were actually kicking her out and wish we had our pot heads back! They were there for nearly two years, never missed a payment and the apartment was always cared for.  This one is a nasty woman who has now not paid TWO months rent (and won't because legally she doesn't have to...) and is STILL living below me.  I want to open the door to her apartment and just yell "GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!".  I mean, if you know me, you know I'm an open minded person with a big heart but my heart stops being open when people steal from me or lie to me.  It would have been an all other matter had she come to me to apologize with some sort of payment, but nothing.  I'm so angry!  Anyways... that was a tangent that turned into a rant... back to my story... Gab gets home and he's as puzzled as I am about the damn door.  Long story short of mistrials, he ended up kicking the glass out of the door.  A glass door he thought was plastic or at least tempered... no sirree!!!  It was glass glass and it shattered and went everywhere!!  We spent about 30 minutes trying to clean all the shattered glass because well, we have kids, and we didn't want anyone to get hurt.  This made me see how truly gross my living room floor was so instead of kicking back and relaxing, I turned the morning into a cleaning frenzy.  It was nice though to be able to clean like I wanted to and not just half assed it quickly because I knew the babies would wake up soon.  Man oh man!  The crap I found under the couch!  I could almost have had a yard sale!

Thursday morning finally comes and I meet my students and I am a teacher again... It really was like riding a bike! I was back in my element, around my people (well most of them... miss you Josée & Alicia!!!!!), and I was feeling pretty good.  I hardly thought of anything else all day (which I needed).  The students were nice and even if I had to put a few of them in their place, I think I'm going to like my classes so that's another bonus!  The favorite thing I do is teach a class for students who want to better themselves in math but just don't have math abilities to do so.  I get to work on a small scale with them (1 to 9 max) and really get into the basic math they need to get through.  I'm already creating a pretty good rapport with them and it's only been two days.  I'm actually excited about going back to work tomorrow.

It was nice when we dropped the kids off at daycare on Friday because Samuel actually went over to the daycare worker and reached out to her while smiling!  I'm glad one of them is warming up... We left the daycare on Friday morning and Sam was happily sitting in a ball pit while the daycare worker had Jacob and Zachary in her arms trying to soothe them.  Gab has to push me out the door... as much as I'm loving being back at work, I hate leaving them crying behind.  They're crying less and less when I go pick them up (my in laws come meet me at the daycare now so it's a big help because they have so many clothes to put on!!!!) and they're sleeping more and more.  Samuel and Jacob are sleeping like 1.5+ hours... Zachary will get there!  He's always the last one to the party but he gets there eventually!

Anywho, I'm going to leave you with picture as I have a SUPERBOWL party to get to!!  Have a good week everyone.  

The boys enjoying looking out at the snow


How cute is Zachary right there?  Don't mind my dirty windows.. I didn't get to everything and you can't judge me mmmmmk?

Their (and our) new favorite activity... CHEERIOS EVERYWHERE!!!  This keeps them occupied for about 30 minutes while we watch and laugh and relax



LOVE!

TOO MANY CHEERIOS

Can't stop eating... 

I'll just roll over and find more to eat... Is he his mother's son or what?

Yummy! 


Too many cheerios... must drown with milk... DOUBLE FISTING TIME! 

Want some daddy?

Their first Timbits.  Thanks Mémère & Pépère


ALL IN MY MOUTH!!

Finger licking good!  Actually, he's trying to keep the extremely large piece of Timbit in his mouth... 
Have a great week everyone!  Oh, and p.s.  I LOVE YOU... you know who you are and you know how much... xx




No comments:

Post a Comment