Monday, May 18, 2015

A day late and a dollar short...

Aren't we always a dollar short though?  Man, life is annoying when you're living dollar to dollar but thanks to my Jamberry business, I was able to go out and let loose this weekend.  I got to go out with my sister and her (my) friends and then I was able to go out last night to Gusto with my girlfriends and enjoy a really nice meal and a lovely glass of wine with some very lovely ladies.  I am thankful that I have that on the side that makes me a bit of money so that I don't have to feel guilty about enjoying some nice moments.  Daycare is draining us dry and Gabe is always trying to think of a way to make his own side money but it's not like he's going to start selling Avon, Younique or Pampered Chef!  I wonder if they have a direct sales business for tools?  Maybe that's what he can do, come up with a direct sales for men! Oh well, we'll make do.  My boys have all they need and more than enough love so they don't know the difference.  I mean, we're not completely broke, don't go start a GoFundMe account for us, we're just living dollar to dollar and that's the tough part.  We have just found different ways to have fun.

We've discovered the secret potion to getting our boys to sleep two hour naps!  Well it's not a secret really, it was just common 18 month old sense... they just need to keep busy!  So on Saturday I went for a walk with them while Gabe went to the dump and we then went to their daycare park which is closed in so that's great!  We then got them home, fed and down for a glorious two hour nap!  We then went to visit my mother, sister and family at my mother's new camper!  She and my step-dad bought a camper in the same campground my sister has her camper in so I'm betting we'll be spending a lot of our afternoons there this summer!  We thought the two hour nap was a fluke so we vowed to make sure to keep them occupied again the next day.  We did our normal grocery then Costco routine and played outside for a bit and lunch and another two hour nap!  That was the key, KEEP THEM BUSY... who would have thought? haha... I kept telling Gabe: They just want to be free and busy!  This morning we went to Centennial Park where we ran into a couple who had twin girls and an older boy, they said they read this blog so I thought I'd say hello (Hello :) ). We let them play for a bit, which included chasing a duck and playing with bike racks (it was their favorite toy).  We went for a walk around the lake, came home and organized their backyard play area and played in there for a bit.  After lunch was yet another wonderful two hour nap!  It was so not complicated and I wonder why, with us being so smart, it took us this long to do this!  So the plan is: out of the house by 9 (at the latest), keep them busy with various different activities, lunch and straight to bed! It makes us tired too and we both passed out on the couch today but the boys are so much more happy!  I only had like one or two exasperated moments this week instead of a hundred and I sooooo enjoyed this weekend with my family, it was amazing and I can't wait to see their beautiful faces in the morning!

Today marks a year since the last time I saw Roxy (my dog).  I can't believe how time has flown by... she's doing amazing and loving her new life.  I do want to see her again one day, maybe with the boys... she WAS my first baby after all!

Here are some pics:

Gabe found this cute shoe in his work bag on Monday morning

My friend Sarah bought the boys some play tools at a yard sale and they've been playing with them all week! 


Beautiful day for a walk on Saturday morning

He's upset because I took away a toy I wasn't going to buy... I get it buddy, I'm sorry... 

They loved their little Superstore ride though! 

Playing at the daycare park, getting dirty!  Gabe isn't a fan of them getting dirty (he hated dirt as a child) but I insisted they learn to love dirt! haha

Sam LOVES this slide!  He went up and down on on his own like 20 times in a row

This is what I mean Sarah! 

The little car swing at the camper park




Coucou Zachary! 

Jacob sat in this sand hole for like 20 minutes

Favorite toy at the park... 

...mostly because they don't really have toddler toys at Centennial park

The backyard play area is starting to look nice!

We'll be adding more sections to the gate, a sand box and a baby pool

Enjoying a nice fruit popsicle during this warm afternoon.



The lighter wood is the bars Gabe added to the boys wouldn't fall through


Newly stained deck!  Beautiful work done by my husband and my father in law

Well at least their heads are protected! 


How cute is this picture?? 

Dinner at Gusto with my favorite ladies xx
 Have a great short week y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment