Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tantrums in Walmart

Well everyone, the day has come when my boys are becoming the boys who throw tantrums in Walmart... today was not a good day for our boys, they didn't want to be in the wagon, they didn't want to walk, they didn't want to be sitting in the front of the cart, they didn't want to be in the back of the cart, they didn't want to be in our arms...  they wanted to be set free, in Walmart... amongst the people of Walmart... I don't think so!  We had a rough morning and I'm so glad I'm not a single mom because I may have just let them free, and had my own tantrum in Walmart.  I'm sure they would have made their way back to me eventually right?  We've been having such good days with them that I think we were just due for a doozie.  I used to think that I'd be embarrassed if my kids acted out in public but honestly, I was so oblivious to everything but them that I didn't even care.  I just dealt with it and moved on.  They were throwing themselves on the ground, having crying hissy fits in the cart, snotty as all getout... and I didn't care who saw.  I saw an old friend of mine and when she asked me how I was doing, I told her that today was not my best day but mostly I was good... haha.  We had such a good day yesterday!  We took them to Joe Fresh to buy them some appropriate sleep wear for this heat and we let them run around a little (that should have foreshadowed today's extravaganza), and then we went to a park to kill a bit of time and off we went to the zoo for the Moncton Multiples Day at the Zoo.  We gave them a snack and they all zonked out on the way home.  It was very nearly their nap time hour so we let them sleep and put them to bed, no lunch, wet diapers and all.  Can you believe they slept over THREE HOURS?   I was scared there was something wrong with them so I kept staring at the monitor making sure they were still moving and breathing.  They must have been pooped!  Of course today, an hour and a half seemed fine for them... whomp whomp...  I pretend I'm sad when they don't take super long naps but I can't really be sad because I actually missed them yesterday when they were sleeping so long.  They may be crying, snotting, temper tampering, and whimpering but I still love the crap out of them.  I have to say though that I sometimes picture Homer Simpson's "why you little..." segment and wish it was an appropriate thing to do...lol.

The zoo was fun but the boys weren't really into it.  I think they would have enjoyed it more if we would have let them roam but they're not ready for that yet.  Jacob refused to stay in the wagon so he got to run around and see the animals closer but the other two were stuck in the wagon.  I felt bad for them but they still don't listen enough for us to let them out.  They also won't hold our hands, as if we force them, they'll throw themselves on the ground and that's no fun for anyone.  We may invest in some backpack leashes and see how that works.  There was a howling monkey that scared Zachary pretty bad when he started going crazy.  Other than that, most of the big animals were sleeping and the boys couldn't really see them.  They liked the birds and the goats and were still pretty impressed over all.  

Gabe and I got to go out to dinner last night and then we went to my high school's production of Beauty and The Beast.  It was incredible.  The set, the costumes, the perfectly cast talent, it was all so good.  Gabe said he kept forgetting it was a high school play.  Belle, a student who is as sweet as she is beautiful, was the perfect combination of poise and beauty.  Beauty and the Beast was definitely my favorite Disney movie so the songs and stories really brought me back.

We went to visit my parents at their camper today and we brought the boys out to play and the almost immediately found puddles.  They had a great time (you can see it here: Fun with puddles ) but I hadn't planned on them getting so wet and dirty.  We improvised a quick bath, put on some clean shirt (I had shirts but no pants in my diaper bag?!?), and let them pant free for the rest of the day.  They love it though so it was no biggy.

My sister had her second to last treatment this week, she's holding strong... her attitude is what keeps her going.  Love you sis, it's almost over...

You're wondering about me?  I'm down 2lbs, I didn't have a perfect week but that's life and if I can still lose while living my life, I'm winning.

Here are some pics:

Having some shaved ice at Royal Road for Kids at RHS

Zachary was the only one who wanted the actual ice, the rest of the boys just wanted the juice


Jacob loves his water table



At the zoo! 

Zachary got scared of the howling monkey after a while

Thanks for the bouncy castle Matante Didi and Mononcle Eric!! 

We love it!! 

As you can see here, we don't know how to inflate... We thought it would be a good idea to stop the inflator going... were we wrong or what?  The thing started deflating right on the boys... #parentfail






They wanted to sit on the bench

Jacob loving the bubbles



Loving the puddles

A little too much!


Jacob is trying to eat his nachos with a spoon...
Have a great week everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment