Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday bloody Sunday...

Well it really was more like bloody Saturday but there's not song about a bloody Saturday.  It was a bloody Saturday in both senses let me tell you!  I swear the boys' daycare is going to think we abuse them.  Last Monday Zachary showed up with a big cut on his nose and this Monday, Samuel will show up with a big puffy black eye...  Gladly they can't see Zachary's tore up tongue from the frozen metal he chose to lick... There was so much blood from that adventure... The boys were all looking in to my parent's gazebo and Zachary somehow decided to let his toddler brain lead the way and stuck his tongue out.  Gabriel saw it right away and yelled at me to go get some hot water... I was quickly making my way into the house when he shouted "Too late!"...  He ripped it off before we could intervene.  Bloody show ensued...  Poor little dude kept showing me his tongue in panic...

Then last night, as I was getting the bath ready, I hear Sam start to cry and shortly after I see Gabe come in the bathroom with a inconsolable Sam in his arms.  He was bleeding and the cut looked pretty bad.  I wasn't there to witness the accident but from what I gather, he was trying to get down from his high chair the way we've been teaching him and he had big ass rubber boots on his feet and he somehow lost his footing.  He fell and hit his face on a chair on the way down to the floor.  Gravity got a hold of him and didn't let go until she bloodied him up.  With the cut being so close to his eye and it being pretty deep, we decided to take him to the emergency room.  I'm glad we did because the triage nurse told us we made the right decision.  The waiting room wasn't too full so we didn't anticipate our wait to be too long.  We were in and out of the hospital in 2 hours which is pretty awesome.  When we went in to see the doctor, she had us put this mixture of gels on Sam's face to freeze the area without the need of a freezing needle.  She then put some steri strips on the cut and just glued him shut.  I'm glad the doctor decided against stitches, he's too young to get his first scar!!  Anyways, the whole incident happened early enough so that when he came home, he went right to bed and was still able to get almost a full night's sleep.

Aside from all the fun this weekend, we had a pretty uneventful week.  Jacob went to see the speech therapist on Thursday and she strongly advised us to take his soother away because she thinks she can hear the beginning of a lisp... Well, I don't want him to develop a lisp but taking away his "monkey" is going to be so so difficult.  I guess I'll take the 3 day sleep suffering over him having a lisp for the rest of his life but I'm not ready... we were going to start this weekend but with the fun that was had on Saturday, Monkey will stay put for another week.  We'll try again next weekend.  He sleeps fine without it at daycare but he loves that thing so much I just know I'm going to break his little heart when I take it away... Yet another thing we must do for the bigger picture.

Speaking of night time... the boys (mostly Samuel) has started to learn the art of keeping us in the room by any means necessary.  He now requires a kiss, a high five, a fist pump and a hug from each of us.  Also, we need to do the same to his brothers or he'll cry his little heart out.  It was getting to a point where we'd do the routine 5 or 6 times before we were "allowed" to leave.  We decided to cut it off to a kiss, high five, fist pump and hug ONCE (each) per child.  We then left.  The first night, he wasn't happy but it was getting to be ridiculous and we had some "Making a Murderer" to get to!  Just kidding of course but it had to be done otherwise we would have high fived and first pumped all night!

Snow day Wednesday... I always contemplate between keeping the boys home or sending them to daycare.  Although daycare stayed open until 3pm, I kept the boys home.  It was looking pretty crappy outside and I'd rather keep the boys safe even if it means I lose a day of cleaning (who am I kidding, I was planning on spending the morning catching up on my DVRed shows...).  Thankfully, the weather was bad enough that Gab got to stay home too.  I still watched The Bachelorette and got the gist of what was happening (he kept her?!?... AH! Ratings... must keep the crazy one!).  To be 100% honest with you all, I let Gabe do most of the parenting while I sat on my arse and watched.  Of course I played with the kids, kissed some boo boos and made lunch but I mostly enjoyed watching the show that was my husband.  I'm not sure he enjoyed it as much as I did.  I made it up to him later that night, don't worry... you know, I loaded the dishwasher!  Which is totally his job because it really hurts my back so I suffered.  Ha!  Honestly I've been lazy all around this last week.  The house is a mess and I just couldn't bring myself to do anything about it... I'm getting up at 5AM tomorrow morning to let Jillian Michaels kick my ass.  I need to get myself in better shape... We went sliding with the boys today at my friend Véronique's house (she has a great hill) and man, getting up and down that hill killed me.  I want to be able to have many of those afternoons with the boys and I can't let my body be the reason they can't enjoy themselves fully.  So Jillian Michael's 30 day shred here I go!  (I will, of course, be following the lady in the back for those people who just can't keep up... lol).

Speaking of sliding!  The boys had the greatest time.  We went down the big hill once and then went to find the bunny hill.  The bunny hill just wasn't cutting it so went back to the big hill.  Friends of the host lent us their amazing sled that had ledges and everything.  Jacob absolutely LOVED it.  We weren't even at the bottom before he was asking to go again and once we got to the top, he got so excited that he started racing down the bottom of the hill without the sled.  Zachary did the same and we so wish we would have caught him on video because he got quite a big way down the hill before he finally fell.  He looked like he was having so much fun!  I'm so glad we got to go out!  Thanks Véro!!!

Pics!

This was the morning of the snow day.  First time out of the day (and actually only one of two).  Zachary was crying because I told him he wasn't allowed to go scold Jacob who was in the time out.

Minutes later, cuddling with Zachary on the couch

See? He got some down time too! 

Our new addiction

Received these... aren't doing too much with them yet

Visiting Mammie and Pappy's house

Trying to ignore his toddler brain who is insisting he licks the frozen metal



And there it is... the kid in the red... you can clearly see his face is WAY too close to the metal.  I took this picture before he started crying btw, I thought that he was just looking in the window... 

This is after the blood calmed down a bit.  We didn't take a picture of the actual bloody show because we were actually trying to be good caring parents. 


Jacob came grocery and clothes shopping with me and Mémére.  He was super happy!

Found this for 10$ at the Salvation Army!  Gab was way more excited about fort building.  The other boys (as you can clearly see by the look of Samuel's face), were more interested in hitting each other with the balls and sticks...

Playing puzzles in the hospital waiting room... They really need updated toys...




The next morning... broke my heart in a million pieces when I went to get him from his crib.  He couldn't have cared less!

Jacob is NOT a morning person

Loving his Go-Go-Wa

Still happy as a clam

I looked back while Gab was driving today and I see them holding hands.  How cute???


Oh Jacob

They wanted to wear a scarf like Maman

He wouldn't take his off





Q-time with Papa


Fun times on the sled! 



Hanging out on Gabrielle's bed while we were checking on the cat.  The cat who took off the moment we walked in.  At least we could report that it was alive!


Have a good week y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment