Sunday, January 3, 2016

Taking a look back...

Wow guys... what a freaking year it's been... How is it possible to fit so much stuff in one measly year??   Here is an overview of what I can remember from the last year, in no particular order:
  • Trip to Florida... What a gong show!  We'd still do it again in a heartbeat!! Who has 5 000$ for us to do so??  Miss you mom! 
  • Samuel started walking... I knew he wouldn't be too far behind Jacob
  • Zachary started walking... Only took him 15 months but he got there!  
  • I gave Jacob a horrible haircut... I honestly think this is the reason Jacob is deathly afraid of getting a haircut and the reason why I've decided to let his hair grow so I can make him a man bun... 
  • Boys' first haircut... I should always leave it to the professionals.... 
  • Boys' first time in a pool... Can't wait to go back! 
  • Boys' first Touch-a-Truck... Loved it all
  • Boys' first Trick or Treating,.. How cute were they?!?  
  • Boys' first guitar... if only they would learn that banging it on the ground isn't the way to play it...
  • I started back at work... so bittersweet
  • Boys started daycare... so bittersweet
  • Cindy told us she had breast cancer... One of the saddest days of my life... 
  • Cindy's nightmare of double mastectomy and chemo... PIECE OF SHIT CANCER
  • Cindy beating cancer... FREAKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lost my aunt... :( xx Tante Linda
  • Lost my maternal grandmother... tu me manques terriblement Mémère... 
  • Started a Jamberry business... not doing so great anymore... still love the product! 
  • Started a Younique business... LOVING IT AND KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!  My Younique website
  • We discovered an amazing park that we visited almost all summer... We can't wait to go again!
  • Lost 20 lbs... YEAH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Gained 10 lbs...yeah me.... 
  • Our van got broken into... Twice! Well the second time was just theft, no broken windows... 
  • Boys turn two.. TIME NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Terrible twos... TIME NEEDS TO HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Honestly, it's not that bad but when it is... man oh man! 
  • Justin Trudeau became prime minister... I have high hopes for our country in his hands! 

I know there are many other things that happened but that's all I can remember right now.  I really hope 2016 brings us happier news and I wish the same for all of you!  Resolutions?  Not many... I hope to actually stick to my weight loss plan, I hope to not get any poorer than we are, I hope cancer stays far away from every member of my family (and all of yours), I hope to get a dog (right Gab??), I hope the boys potty train pretty easily, I hope my Younique business keeps growing, I hope to find a solution for my stupid hips, etc...

On to 2016!

Not too much happened this week...

On Tuesday the boys had their speech therapist appointment which they rocked!  Well Samuel and Zachary did since Jacob didn't go due to his therapist calling in sick.  The therapists were so impressed because the boys even said sounds that you wouldn't normally hear until 2 1/2 to 3 years old!  One more check off the preemie list!  I can't wait to be done with it all!

On Wednesday I went to dinner and a movie with my sister and some friends leaving Gab behind with his dad to take care of the evening triplet shift.  His dad had to leave early to go play hockey and Gab put the boys to bed on his own.  He doesn't think that's ever happened... that only one person put them to bed on their own.  It's quite possible... Anyways, it went well and they went right to sleep as they normally would have.  I'm so glad that we were able to sleep train Jacob again (at night anyway) and now we're back to just putting them to bed, saying goodnight and walking away.  I'm so not looking forward to toddler beds... which is why they're staying in their cribs until they're 13 and beg me to take them out.

On Thursday I decided to keep the boys with me the whole day since daycare was going to close at noon anyway.  I went to a playdate at my friend Jessie's house and it went super great!  I was able to sit on the couch and enjoy my friends without being ON 100% of the time.  I got to cuddle Emmett (Jessie's baby boy) and rock him to sleep (he was so tiny!).  The boys played so well!

Gabe and I went out on Thursday night to a NYE party at MC's and Serge's house.  It was a decades themed party.  We went with the 2010 decade... We decided too late to go and didn't really have time to choose a decade and have the appropriate costume.  We had a good time!  I hurt my back which killed our mood and made it so we had to leave the party before the countdown.  Poor Gab had to wake me up on the drive home when he saw some fireworks so that we could "celebrate" the new year... lol...

Friday was great, we had a good chill morning with the boys and went to my in law's house after nap time for New Years supper.  It's always such a good time when we go there!  The boys spent a lot of quality time with their uncle Joel and loved playing with all the new to them toys.

Saturday morning I left Gab to do the morning triplet shift so that I could go help my friend Josée control the frenzy at her super successful weight loss business.  She must have had about 150 people there!  It was amazing!  Everything went pretty ok at home while I was gone except for the part where Jacob lost his shit and threw his sippy cup through a glass pane on one of my beautiful pieces of furniture.  That kid has got a TEMPER!  I do the same... Remember when I threw my perfectly grilled grilled cheese at Roxy because she ate most of it and almost hit my husband square in the face?  Jacob for sure got my "I'm angry so I will throw things" temper...  He is mini me... down to the "Don't rub my arm, I don't like to be rubbed but hold me close and tell me I'm awesome".

That's about all she wrote folks!

Here's to a fabulous 2016!

We are trying to get the boys outside as much as possible and they love it! 

Playing in the photo booth at the mall

Playing with the toys at the speech pathologist office

Samuel being silly in an old photo booth

My beautiful sister and I at the movies :)

The whole gang.  Sisters was hilarious!  
My Younique NYE makeup! I loved it! 

With an 80's Mel (with her very 2010\s cell phone)

Sylvie rocked the 60's housewife

Cabaret Lisa! 

Madonna/Cindy Lauper MC (the other one)

Gangsta Gilles!

Very creepy 70's Serge

Rocking our Younique makeup

They went all out for this party

Cuddling on New Years morning with a tired and injured mommy


The TV was our friend on Friday

Poor Jacob... I wouldn't let him touch my super hot tea

Quality time with Oncle Joel



Temper! 

Zachary losing his mind because he wants a muffin we haven't had in the house for weeks!

Great way to finish off my vacation... a nice walk with the boys

They obviously didn't walk the whole time... we really should have brought their sleighs

It was a beautiful day


This is the look of "Mom, just stop taking my picture and pick me up, I'm done with this walking business".  He walked for two measly minutes before crying to get picked up. 

Samuel loves the camera



He wouldn't let me take his picture.  I had to wait until he was stuck in the snow to take this... lol

We often forget to take pictures of the two of us with the kids being so cute and all!



The boys playing with Papa


Had fun writing on the "wall"

I re-organized and minimalized this week.  What you see are the only toys that are out at any given time.  The rest are all separated in bins and we take out one different themed bin at a time.  It's been working pretty ok unless they follow me in the spare bedroom and want ALL OF THE BINS! lol




No comments:

Post a Comment