Sunday, October 16, 2016

My tribe

I got to hang out with my tribe this weekend.  My tribe are my multiple mom friends.  They are my tribe because they get it.  Although none of them there this weekend has triplets, a lot of them have another kid close in age to their twins and I'm not sure I could say that my life is harder than theirs.  We all have our own story and our own battles and struggles but we just get each other so well.  This is my third year going and I'm already looking forward to next year.  18 of the 22 women who attended went Friday night and spent two wonderful nights in peaceful child free harmony.  Of course there were bevvies and lots of food but so many great conversations too.  The thing I like the most about this crew is that for the most part, there is absolutely NO DRAMA.  There are so many groups online nowadays with so much anger and bitterness and judgement that it's nice to have a safe space.  Of course I have my smaller tribe within that large tribe and those four ladies make my heart smile every time I'm around them.  We had a medium come do a group session that was pretty interesting.  We learned a lot about one another on a deeper level.  I couldn't do the whole session because it was too emotionally draining for me but some of the ladies took away many things from it.  She told me that my shakras told her that there was some positive change coming my way and that I should drink peppermint tea to help with my stomach issue.  If peppermint could solve ALL my stomach issues, regardless of how my feelings towards mediums in general, I will eat a plant every night!  We stayed at these absolutely gorgeous chalets and the weather was just perfection.  I felt so at peace watching the river and walking along it.  I wish I would have gone for the two nights as I felt a little rushed and didn't feel like I got to just sit and relax but I don't regret a thing!  I'm glad having triplets allowed me to be part of such an amazing group of women and even better, it allowed me to meet my Kellys without whom I just don't know what I would do!

You may be wondering about my husband and how he must have survived a whole weekend alone with all of our children!!  Simply put: he didn't haha!  By the time I left on Saturday morning, all the boys were away with various members of our family and saw two of them briefly before they all left again and weren't back until after I got back today.  He got a weekend off too.  He cleaned and made a really neat wine glass holder for me so he wasn't completely off the husband/father wagon but I'm sure he enjoyed having the house to himself for more than 12 hours and slept in knowing that there wasn't going to be a little Paaaaaaaaapaaaaaa voice calling out to him at 5:30am!

I got home to a clean child free house.  It was great.  I mean, I was excited to see the boys but it was nice to come home and just sit for a half hour.  Zachary came home first, he had spent the day and night with my mother.  It was great to see my little dude come run to me to say hello.  My mother sent me a picture with a caption that said "Zachary was watching TV and I noticed tears falling down and when I asked him what was wrong he said that the dog on TV was sad..."  SOOOOO much like his mama!! He then went down for a nap and I went to get groceries so I could food prep for the week.  I got home and the other two still weren't back and Zachary was still sleeping! I got to clean my fridge out and start prepping for the following week.  My other two little dudes came home shortly after their nap.  Samuel ran right for me he was so happy to see me and Jacob couldn't give two shits. lol... I love him so much and I just wished that once in a while he'd choose me over Gab! lol!

Speaking of shits... there have been pretty crappy accidents since we started potty training.  None of them want to poop in the potty!! I'd say Jacob is pretty much pee trained.  He went to daycare all week in undies and only had a poop accident on Tuesday and then decided that he would wait until his nap to do his business since we put diapers on them for naps and overnights.  He's doing so great even overnights!  He wakes up pretty much dry and has a HUGE pee in the morning!  He's going to get there soon!  Like everything else since they've started, Jacob is the front runner.  I think we will be sending Zachary tomorrow with undies at daycare and see how that goes! Wish us luck!

Here are some pics!

Spending some q time with K Peacock
Made the girls in my cabin do a mud mask :) 
The boys were soooo curious about Gab in the shower, it was hilarious
Add caption
My Sugar Skull makeup
Zachary hurt his foot and Samuel was helping
Add caption
On our way there!
How pretty!
With Mel and Alicia



That's all folks!
Image result for live love laugh


No comments:

Post a Comment