Monday, October 10, 2016

Potty Training success or fail??

Well I don't actually know where we stand at this point... I don't even know what it means to be "potty-trained".  Of course, I know it means no more diapers, but does it mean that they know when to use the potty at all times?  Does it mean no more diapers AT ALL?  Does it mean even all the poops?  I've never done this before so I don't know.  Is it that they know HOW to pee on the potty?  If you ask me if my kids are potty trained now I will say NO but if you ask me if they can pee on the potty, I will say YES.  We've had A LOT of potty pee and TWO potty poops.  We've also had A LOT of pee in undies and THREE poops in undies.  I'm not sure they're quite there and I really think it's because we went to undies too quick.  Daycare didn't want me to do loose pants only as the article I read recommended so I wanted to train them with undies for the last few days so they'd get used to the idea.  This did not work and only set us back.  Naked Saturday was actually going really well and I was pretty pleased with the whole process. A couple of small pee incidents and one small poop incident in the afternoon from Zachary who dropped little pellets on their play carpet.  Later, as we were eating supper at the table, Zachary leaves the table in a hurry.  I tell him that he has to stay and finish his dinner.  He yells back NO so Gab goes and checks on him and what do you know?  He's pooping on the potty!  All on his own!!   Undies Sunday wasn't as successful... sadly.  I mean, Jacob had a morning poop on the potty with a little coaxing from me.  He went to use the potty and when he got up, I noticed a little poop tail so I convinced him to come back.  He was telling me that it was hurting (I think he had been holding it in and it hurt him) but he finally got it out while I was encouraging him and holding his hand, this was hugely celebrated!  Later that morning, Sam had a poop in his pants which kind of ended up in the potty and the rest of the day was ok but not great.  I left to go do the groceries (Gab was being helped by his Pépère) and when I came home, all the boys were in their night diapers already.  Suppertime was pee on the floor time apparently... Today wasn't amazing either.  I mean, it wasn't a complete disaster but it wasn't amazing.  In my head, it was going to be magical and by the end of the day today, my little boys would ask politely "Mother dear, could I please go urinate on the potty?".  This did NOT happen... womp womp... Oh well... our new plan is to send Jacob only tomorrow in his undies at daycare... He's the one who seems the most ready.  The moment they get home, it's diapers off.  We will continue to train here at home at night and encourage daycare to continue working on them.  We were hoping to send them all but we're not confident all three are ready yet.  Although tonight at my mother's, they went on the potty on their own without coaxing and Sam, although he was peeing on the floor, acknowledge it and said Oh Oh... so there's hope!

That's our weekend in a nutshell!  It wasn't the success I was hoping for but not the failure I was fearing!

Let me end this by telling you about the things I'm thankful for... I'm thankful for wine.  That is all.


Not but truly lol... Firstly, I'm thankful for for my husband who is not only a great partner but an even greater father.  When I'm on the brink of triplet toddler hell, he keeps his sanity and visa versa.  Secondly, I'm thankful for my family... my mom who, without her knowledge, is a source of strength and wisdom always as I go through this parenting thing, she keeps me grounded.  To you my sister... I'm so thankful that modern medicine and your willingness to live has kept you around.  As I was looking at you across Mom's island tonight while we were talking about your friend's incomprehensible loss of her sister, I just couldn't believe how blessed we were that you beat it, how I was the lucky one to have been able to keep you.  I love you so much.  Keep your energy high sister, it's working.  I'm thankful for my children, I don't even know where to go from there because they bring me more joy than anyone ever has.  My heart is full.  I am thankful for my friends.  Mostly lately to my Kellys and Alicia.  You are my rocks.  I love you.  I am thankful to have found Younique.  It may sound corny but I'm glad that I found something that makes me feel amazing and that is able to help me happy and help out my family, even if it's just a little bit right now.  I'm thankful for my job and my co-workers... you gals are the bomb diggidy.  I would not survive my students without being able to unload on you!  I'm looking at you Shawna (and so many others)!! xx.  Finally, I'm so so so thankful to live in Canada where we know better than to elect a clown as our leader.  Justin Trudeau might be a pretty boy but he's a damn good leader with values that align with mine.  I could go on but then you'd get bored... so I'll leave you with pics!

My husband got me a ticket to go see one of my heroes for our anniversary.  He said I'd have to go alone but I really didn't care. 

Shawna was also going so we took a token picture


And there she is... 82 years young and so full of hope
The boys LOVE books and I'm so thankful for that!


Naked Saturday begins!



Night #1 wine down


The boys are never happy after a nap!

Undies!!!!

Having fun with makeup! Doll


Scarecrow

Cheers!

The boys LOVE their cousins soooo much!


Pretty girl





Good desert Sis!

Thanks for the Stew Supper Mom!!! xx



Made some cloud dough for the boys to play with

They had a really good time!

They were finally old enough to play with this... well until they tore it down lol




Ready to go to Mammie's

Muddy Buddies all around!


Have a good week y'all!


Image result for thankful quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment